· Last Movie you wa... [390]
The Scottish Pool Association Competition Venues Riley's
Riley's 10000 amateur event
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

Riley's 10000 amateur event
by: FlyingScotsman, 02-07-2011 09:29 AM (#1)

Just heard through the grapevine that Riley's will be doing a 10000 event soon.

Full details for the event and who can play in it will be announced shortly.

What I can tell you is that no class A SPA player will be allowed to enter.
FlyingScotsman

RE: Riley's 10000 amateur event
by: jontee18, 02-07-2011 03:10 PM (#2)

Is this blackball Ross?
jontee18
General Member

by: FlyingScotsman, 02-07-2011 05:16 PM (#3)

No it will not be BB.
FlyingScotsman

by: Steed Snr, 02-07-2011 11:49 PM (#4)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
No it will not be BB.
Ross how are the SPA guys going to qualify for this if its not BB rules
Steed Snr

by: FlyingScotsman, 03-07-2011 09:38 AM (#5)

SPA members will play to BB rules in Scotland but the finals will be in England and they will use Riley's own rules there.

FlyingScotsman

by: FlyingScotsman, 06-07-2011 06:35 PM (#6)

I just saw a post on the Aberdeen pool website from Derek saying that the Riley's event will be played to WRs.

He also says that he will take a bet on that, well Derek I will take that bet, the Riley's event at the Finals will be played to Riley's rules, the regional and area qualifiers will be played to the rules of that area, ie WR in Aberdeen and BB in Dunfermline.

My bet to you Derek is only a 100 but if you want more then just post on the site I and will take as much as you want.

Edited by FlyingScotsman 06-07-2011 06:36 PM
FlyingScotsman

by: lumie, 06-07-2011 07:25 PM (#7)

At the risk of appearing widden.........what the bejesus is Rileys rules Ross?
lumie
General Member

by: knowledge, 06-07-2011 07:26 PM (#8)

My guess is Rileys rules is a set of rules that will allow anyone to play in this anywhere without getting banned.
knowledge
General Member

by: lumie, 06-07-2011 07:32 PM (#9)

Thanks knowledge........in that case i think such a set of rules could catch on
lumie
General Member

by: mini hartson, 06-07-2011 07:43 PM (#10)

from rileys newport FB page when asked what rileys rules are for this tourny

It's being played to "Rileys' rules" in order to avoid any bias and from previous events people seem to like them. I believe that they are similar to Blackball but with a nominated skill shot but I'm not 100%. They will be clarified soon though and have been designed to give little advantage to any rule set.

world masters A team champions 2009
european champions B team champions 2012
mini hartson
General Member

by: Meaty, 06-07-2011 08:03 PM (#11)

the rules are a cross between those already played and they have simply taken the best from them to form their own
Meaty
General Member

by: FlyingScotsman, 06-07-2011 08:34 PM (#12)

lumie wrote:

LOL.

This is not the first time Riley's have done pool events with big prize money, they did one a few years ago.

They are a business and will be looking to get every pool player to get involved, except for the top players who they wish to keep out.

Riley's will allow everyone from their own area/country to play their own set of rules at the first two stages, then at the finals in England they will bring in their own set so that everyone is equal, these rules I am soory , I do not know but will be along the lines of WRs and BB which are both open rules.

Looking at the dates they are doing this it does not really clash with major events in the SPA calander so get in there boys and girls and try and qualify for the finals, I hope, because I cannot remember who qualified from Scotland the last time, will come on here and inform you all how he finals went for them in Liverpool.

Edited by FlyingScotsman 06-07-2011 08:36 PM
FlyingScotsman

by: diego, 06-07-2011 08:39 PM (#13)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
lumie wrote:

LOL.

This is not the first time Riley's have done pool events with big prize money, they did one a few years ago.

They are a business and will be looking to get every pool player to get involved, except for the top players who they wish to keep out.

Riley's will allow everyone from their own area/country to play their own set of rules at the first two stages, then at the finals in England they will bring in their own set so that everyone is equal, these rules I am soory , I do not know but will be along the lines of WRs and BB which are both open rules.

Looking at the dates they are doing this it does not really clash with major events in the SPA calander so get in there boys and girls and try and qualify for the finals, I hope, because I cannot remember who qualified from Scotland the last time, will come on here and inform you all how he finals went for them in Liverpool.
it was me ross the rules were shocking
diego

by: FlyingScotsman, 06-07-2011 08:43 PM (#14)

The more I think of it Riley's would not want to have their own set of rules but what other choice do they have other than do their own if they want as many players to play in their event.

In Scotland we have the SEPF they have a lot of players who play WR so Riley's would want them in it and of course the SPA have the vast majority of pool players in Scotland.

If you look at England they are even worst than us about 30% of their leagues play WRs 10/15% play BB but the biggest majority play the old EPA rules which take forever, so they can't use them.

Wales is more like us with the majority playing BB in fact very few leagues in Wales play WRs if any but some still play different rules.

If only they would see sense and get us all under one body playing one set of rules more companies like Riley's would not have to get their own set and more sponsorship would come in.
FlyingScotsman

by: FlyingScotsman, 06-07-2011 08:44 PM (#15)

diego wrote:
FlyingScotsman wrote:
lumie wrote:

LOL.

Thanks Paul can you remember the rules you played at the finals?

What was wrong with them?
FlyingScotsman

by: FlyingScotsman, 06-07-2011 08:51 PM (#16)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
I just saw a post on the Aberdeen pool website from Derek saying that the Riley's event will be played to WRs.

He also says that he will take a bet on that, well Derek I will take that bet, the Riley's event at the Finals will be played to Riley's rules, the regional and area qualifiers will be played to the rules of that area, ie WR in Aberdeen and BB in Dunfermline.

My bet to you Derek is only a 100 but if you want more then just post on the site I and will take as much as you want.

Now I posted this a few hours ago and I know that the Aberdeen boys look at the SPA site on a daily basis, I am going up to Aberdeen tomorrow to see the Snooker Legends can someone please ask Derek if he wants my bet or is he all mouth.

Derek, Riley's cannot go with one set of rules if like any business they want players from all over to play in their event, I don't want to take your money but when someone throws it at you, well I would be a fool not to take it.

Take a 50 bet if 100 is to much?
FlyingScotsman

by: lumie, 06-07-2011 08:52 PM (#17)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
The more I think of it Riley's would not want to have their own set of rules but what other choice do they have other than do their own if they want as many players to play in their event.

In Scotland we have the SEPF they have a lot of players who play WR so Riley's would want them in it and of course the SPA have the vast majority of pool players in Scotland.

If you look at England they are even worst than us about 30% of their leagues play WRs 10/15% play BB but the biggest majority play the old EPA rules which take forever, so they can't use them.

Wales is more like us with the majority playing BB in fact very few leagues in Wales play WRs if any but some still play different rules.

If only they would see sense and get us all under one body playing one set of rules more companies like Riley's would not have to get their own set and more sponsorship would come in.

This was a party political broadcast by the Mcinness partysoapbox
lumie
General Member

by: JASONVOORHEES, 06-07-2011 10:05 PM (#18)

CANT BE IN THE TOP 64 IN THE CURRENT RANKINGS OF YOUR CUE SPORT......

CANT HAVE REPRESENTED YOUR COUNTRY IN THE LAST 3 YEARS AT ANY LEVEL.....EXCEPTION OF LADIES.

CANT HAVE WON ANY WORLD/EUROPEAN/MAJOR TITLES IN YOUR CUE SPORT IN THE LAST 3 YEARS......

There are loads more in the Rules and Regulations but these were the ones that I thought stood out....

p.s. soz about the caps before hand

8 Ball Army
Nations Cup Seniors B Winners 2016
European Seniors B Champions 2017
JASONVOORHEES
General Member

by: JASONVOORHEES, 06-07-2011 10:10 PM (#19)

Enter the Rileys UK English Pool Masters for a chance to 'pocket' big money

Rileys has launched the UK English Pool Masters, an English Pool competition for amateur players with an impressive 10,000 prize fund up for grabs.

This event, which promises to be one of the biggest and best competitions this year, will be held in all 115 Rileys Sports bars across the UK and is open to any amateur player.

Local qualifiers will run 16 September to 3 October across the UK, going on to the Regional Finals on 15 October before the National Final on 12 November. First prize will be 2,500 with a runner up prize of 1,250

Maurice Kelly, CEO of Rileys says: "The UK English Pool Masters is a huge tournament for the amateur player, someone has the chance to walk away with 2,500 for winning the tournament, but even those getting into the last 16 will get 250 each. English Pool is a very popular pastime, it's an easy game to enjoy with your mates over a few drinks so we're expecting some good nights down at Rileys with this competition!"

8 Ball Army
Nations Cup Seniors B Winners 2016
European Seniors B Champions 2017
JASONVOORHEES
General Member

by: diego, 06-07-2011 10:29 PM (#20)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
diego wrote:
FlyingScotsman wrote:
lumie wrote:

LOL.

Thanks Paul can you remember the rules you played at the finals?

What was wrong with them?
i remember 2 shots carry and i think it was breaker nominates.i beat a guy called ronnie boyle in last 32 then lost to andrew corton who won it.well run event and good venue i would advise all to enter this
diego

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< December 2017 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/12/2017 12:42
Can someone tell me the dates of the 5 man team ar petticur for 2018 please if irs done

23/11/2017 22:14
Ross have you got the Team photo of Clydebank A from super 15s??
Render time: 0.88 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 52,499,891 unique visits