The Scottish Pool Association Competition Venues Shandon Bar
Edinburgh Open - Winner
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

Edinburgh Open - Winner
by: jimmyboco, 21-01-2017 11:21 PM (#1)

Well done to Mark Boyle, winner of the Edinburgh Open, beating Mark Fleming 7-3 in the final.

Different class all day, good luck vs Clint I'Anson next week in the 20,000 cash match!

Former captain of the first E team to qualify for the Super 11s - Edinburgh E - 2016
jimmyboco
General Member

RE: Edinburgh Open - Winner
by: FlyingScotsman, 21-01-2017 11:32 PM (#2)

Well done Mark, class all day long son, my boy said he loved the lesson you gave him in the quarters, he thinks you are the best he has ever played and he plays me all the time lol.
FlyingScotsman

by: vinnyvegas, 21-01-2017 11:42 PM (#3)

He doesnt just play you all the time Ross he says he beats you all the time lol..

Well done mark!!!

Class act!!!

Very best of luck in your big match with Clint.

vinnyvegas!
vinnyvegas

by: LEGEND, 22-01-2017 07:50 AM (#4)

Well done Mark lets see if you can do the double in the Wets Lothian Masters???

Danny Mathieson
LEGEND
General Member

by: crackshot, 22-01-2017 04:18 PM (#5)

First of all I'd like to thank each and every one of u who made the effort to come to the 2017 Edinburgh Open, players and supporters. We had every single player turn up, there wasn't a single no show. The bar staff were excellent looking after everyone and when I got there at 9am Paul was already there brushing, ironing and cleaning the tables. We swapped a slate with another table and the end result was the tables were unbelievable. I never heard a single complaint all day and that is very rare for a huge event like this. I'd also like to thank Wendy. Couldn't have done it without you thank you so much for your help.
Right, onto the tournament and the first round started with a couple of big clashes. Mac gubbed mini 7-1 in a dominant performance, Fleming beat a denim clad Dunbar in a hostile clash 7-6. Midlothians Edinburgh evening news celebrity beat 2 time winner and current holder boozeman 7-6 in a high class epic! Pringles crisp packet burst in an excellent match, losing out 7-6 to motherwells Gregg McMillan. Gav, half canned early in the morning as usual, came from 2-0 down to defeat harp legend tich Currie 7-3, yvonne got bagelled from goobsy, and Craig Bowes lost out 7-4 to world champion Dunster.

Last 32

Mark 'names a frame' buyers continued his excellent form defeating A team player, B team captain and C team wannabe Benji 7-2. Boyle continued his excellent form beating Pringles conquerer 7-2, Craig Hunter beat the gub 7-5 in an excellent performance, Scott Kelly beat Scottish singles finalist Ryan Fleming 7-5, probably result of the day for an Edinburgh player. Fernie couldn't get his picture in the paper this time, he lost out to goobsy 7-3, I pumped John 7-1 😂😂😂 sorry John I know u just wanted in the 9 ball or whatever [b] NO SWEARING!! [/ it was. Fordy had a great result against Danny Lunn edging him out 7-6 from 6-5 down and Gibson broke and dished the decider against doigy.

Last 16

Buyers run ended against baby Mcinnes, Boyle ended hunters day with a solid 7-2 win, Ryan Davie continued his good form beat a lad from Coventry 7-3, Goobsy beat Gibson 7-2. Battle of the Jakes Scott Kelly against Gav was an epic with Scott edging out Gav due to maybe being slightly less melted. I got hammered 7-2 and taught a lesson from Marc Fleming. But I had to let him win to get back to running the tourney. Fordy joined Scott Kelly in the quarters as Edinburghs last hopes and Dunster ripped through Biggar 7-1.

Quarters

Boyle continued his excellent run defeating young Morgan 7-2, his 3rd win of that scoreline in a row, Ryan Davie ended Scott Kelly's hopes with a 7-3 win, Fleming was outstanding beating Scott Gillespie 7-1 and made me feel a bit better getting 2 frames of him. Least I've got more hair than the laddie tho. And in the battle of the heavyweights Dunster took out the last Edinburgh player in Fordy 7-3.

Semis

Mark Boyle was buzzing like a 2nd hand fridge in beating Scotland A team player Ryan Davie 7-0 and Marc Fleming was again immense beating the lad who's winning everything 7-3.

Final

Boyle reached the final with wins of 7-1 7-2 7-2 7-2 and 7-0.
Marc Fleming had wins of 7-2 7-3 7-2 7-1 and 7-3 so both were clearly on fire. But it was Boyle who continued that and stormed to a 7-3 win and mopped up everything in his path, a very worthy winner and hard lines to Marc.

Other highlights were Ross mckenzie stoating about totally out his dome, now I know why he takes so long he's trying to see the balls. Benji got the 6 ball break prize even tho it was 5 balls and the white no one else got close. There was a load of money games going on round the corner but the standard would have made ur eyes bleed so I don't know who won what but I'm guessing Kenny lost a few bob. And last but not least Steven Yuill, melted, first gets a pic with the trophy and then with Boyle and the trophy and he was doing OK til he said to mark that in his money match next week when he's about to win he should hang his cock in the pocket and say what do u think of that then! Boyle face was a picture and we just walked away 😂😂😂😂.

I loved organising this event and looking at the potential this will be a 128 man event played over 2 days next year. There will be more tournaments of this magnitude bringing the big boys through but also more tourneys in edinburgh for us guys. We will now be streaming all big tourneys that are in the Shandon as Paul has the equipment.
This tournament is now the benchmark for every other tournament we have. I will do my best to make that happen and with the people around me that are involved and the support of the players we cannot fail. But we won't rest on our laurels, we will strive to make this league better and better.

Wonder how many will actually read this right ro the end, I have went on a bit but just letting u guys who weren't there know what ur missing.

Til next time guys!

Paul Cruickshank
EPA Tournament Director
crackshot
General Member

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< December 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

07/12/2018
Bash sent you a pm

22/11/2018
All stats will be published upon completion of all S15 events.

21/11/2018
Any player stats being posted from the 2nd decision?

22/10/2018
When the seniors draw getting done?

15/10/2018
Anyone know if there is any provisional date for the super 11s premier next year?

27/09/2018
Cheers FCBash

23/09/2018
Trying to get it up and running - John working on it.

22/09/2018
Any streams for the ims today

21/09/2018
No dress code for the qualifiers Davy.

18/09/2018
I take it that their is no dress code for the 15s qualifiers folks

Render time: 0.22 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 72,210,660 unique visits