13/12/2018 11:22
Navigation
· Home
· 2018 S15 Schedules
· Constitution
· Int. Selection Policy
· Playing Rules
· Drugs Policy
· Meetings
· Downloads
· SPA Contacts
· Site Rules
· Discussion Forum
· Contact Webteam
· Event Calendar (NEW)
IM Series
· 2018 IM Dates/Deadlines
· 2018 IM Area Draws
· 2018 IM Rankings
· 2017 IM Rankings
SPA Information
· 2018 Roll of Honour
· SPA Tour Rankings
· Ladies Tour
International Teams
· Mens
· Ladies
· Youths and Juniors
· Learning Difficulties
Member Leagues
· Affiliated Leagues
Other
· Photo Gallery
· Downloads
· Search
· Web Links
Users Online
· Guests Online: 22

· Members Online: 2
chicco, thunderbird

· Total Members: 2,197
· Newest Member: dmp1903
Forum Threads
Newest Threads
· EBA Europeans
· 2019 Willie McCartney
· 2019 SPA MM IM Pro-Rata
· SENIORS A TEAM
· Iternationals
Hottest Threads
· An Invite from th... [1120]
· challenge match n... [637]
· Riley's 10000 am... [430]
· Last Movie you wa... [390]
The Scottish Pool Association International Teams Scotland Mens
Mens A Trials
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

  Mens A Trials
by: knowledge, 17-01-2018 02:16 PM (#41)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
John, I have said it on here loads of times , you took off my posts because you think I was slaughtering the managers, I was not, all I said was that I believe the managers should select the best players available for their teams.

Johnny asked me a question and I answered him, I'm sorry if these guys and all the rest of the managers feel bad about my opinion but all I am trying to do is show ALL our players who travel week in week out to loads of events, get results, go up the rankings etc that they should be the ones getting selected before others, not just managers who can select themselves.

What is the point and I will raise this with a new section, as it is about all SPA teams, when kids travel to events, get rankings and managers don't use them, how do you think these kids feel.

I am not talking about my own boy here but about a young kid who has worked has arse off to get selected for an international team and then cannot understand why someone who is no where in the rankings gets selected before him?

So its not just about the managers selecting themselves, I a talking about the whole set up , what is the point in trying your best , winning events, be high up in the rankings and be over looked?


Again I don't recall any of these posts when guys near the top of the IM rankings have been overlooked for Scotland teams in the past. I didn't see your post backing the No2 ranked senior player who was recently disappointed to be overlooked. Do you want teams picked straight from the rankings is that what you are saying.
 
Edited by knowledge 17-01-2018 02:17 PM
User Avatar
knowledge
General Member


Posts: 8265
Joined: 14.01.08
Age: 46

RE: Mens A Trials
by: FlyingScotsman, 17-01-2018 02:20 PM (#42)

Bapsley wrote:
Ross while were on the subject of giving opinions .. could you please give me yours on the ladies managers, team and trialists please? Thanks in advance



The best players available should be selected.

The Ladies section Terri is like I said about the Masters section in 2016, we had only 20 odd players wanting to go and play international pool and as such no one really was missing out but now the Masters section has on our list 46 players wanting to go and next year it will be up a lot higher.

You young lady have proven that you have great talent and as such you should have put your name down for the A team in my opinion, based on what I have seen and you going to the IPA etc, you would be a certainty to get selected by Charlie, however you did not put your name down for that and as such you should get selected straight into the B team.
FlyingScotsman



Posts: 10112
Joined: 10.01.08
Location: Dunfermline

RE: Mens A Trials
by: Bapsley, 17-01-2018 02:23 PM (#43)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
Bapsley wrote:
Ross while were on the subject of giving opinions .. could you please give me yours on the ladies managers, team and trialists please? Thanks in advance



The best players available should be selected.

The Ladies section Terri is like I said about the Masters section in 2016, we had only 20 odd players wanting to go and play international pool and as such no one really was missing out but now the Masters section has on our list 46 players wanting to go and next year it will be up a lot higher.

You young lady have proven that you have great talent and as such you should have put your name down for the A team in my opinion, based on what I have seen and you going to the IPA etc, you would be a certainty to get selected by Charlie, however you did not put your name down for that and as such you should get selected straight into the B team.


Thanks Ross, appreciate that.
 
Terri Lapsley
Under 23, Youth and Junior Chairwoman
Scottish Pool Youth Academies Co-Ordinator
Bapsley



Posts: 317
Joined: 26.05.09
Location: Falkirk

RE: Mens A Trials
by: FlyingScotsman, 17-01-2018 02:27 PM (#44)

knowledge wrote:
FlyingScotsman wrote:
John, I have said it on here loads of times , you took off my posts because you think I was slaughtering the managers, I was not, all I said was that I believe the managers should select the best players available for their teams.

Johnny asked me a question and I answered him, I'm sorry if these guys and all the rest of the managers feel bad about my opinion but all I am trying to do is show ALL our players who travel week in week out to loads of events, get results, go up the rankings etc that they should be the ones getting selected before others, not just managers who can select themselves.

What is the point and I will raise this with a new section, as it is about all SPA teams, when kids travel to events, get rankings and managers don't use them, how do you think these kids feel.

I am not talking about my own boy here but about a young kid who has worked has arse off to get selected for an international team and then cannot understand why someone who is no where in the rankings gets selected before him?

So its not just about the managers selecting themselves, I a talking about the whole set up , what is the point in trying your best , winning events, be high up in the rankings and be over looked?


Again I don't recall any of these posts when guys near the top of the IM rankings have been overlooked for Scotland teams in the past. I didn't see your post backing the No2 ranked senior player who was recently disappointed to be overlooked. Do you want teams picked straight from the rankings is that what you are saying.


Again john I never posted what I thought about Davy not being a straight selection into Billy's team, however I did talk to him about it for over an hour, in my opinion Davy deserved the selection, as I told Billy, all of his players however have done great within the SPA events and as such , he had the final say.

For me, as I said to Billy, I would have asked him to allow Fish, who is now 50 to go into the Masters team and bring Davie straight into his team, I believe that it would have made both teams stronger, well the Masters one def but again he had the final say.

Managers again in my opinion have to work together, just like it was done when the policy first started, all managers in the same age group from A team downwards should be talking to each other and trying to get not only their best team but the best teams for all.
FlyingScotsman



Posts: 10112
Joined: 10.01.08
Location: Dunfermline

RE: Mens A Trials
by: knowledge, 17-01-2018 02:34 PM (#45)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
knowledge wrote:
FlyingScotsman wrote:
John, I have said it on here loads of times , you took off my posts because you think I was slaughtering the managers, I was not, all I said was that I believe the managers should select the best players available for their teams.

Johnny asked me a question and I answered him, I'm sorry if these guys and all the rest of the managers feel bad about my opinion but all I am trying to do is show ALL our players who travel week in week out to loads of events, get results, go up the rankings etc that they should be the ones getting selected before others, not just managers who can select themselves.

What is the point and I will raise this with a new section, as it is about all SPA teams, when kids travel to events, get rankings and managers don't use them, how do you think these kids feel.

I am not talking about my own boy here but about a young kid who has worked has arse off to get selected for an international team and then cannot understand why someone who is no where in the rankings gets selected before him?

So its not just about the managers selecting themselves, I a talking about the whole set up , what is the point in trying your best , winning events, be high up in the rankings and be over looked?


Again I don't recall any of these posts when guys near the top of the IM rankings have been overlooked for Scotland teams in the past. I didn't see your post backing the No2 ranked senior player who was recently disappointed to be overlooked. Do you want teams picked straight from the rankings is that what you are saying.


Again john I never posted what I thought about Davy not being a straight selection into Billy's team, however I did talk to him about it for over an hour, in my opinion Davy deserved the selection, as I told Billy, all of his players however have done great within the SPA events and as such , he had the final say.

For me, as I said to Billy, I would have asked him to allow Fish, who is now 50 to go into the Masters team and bring Davie straight into his team, I believe that it would have made both teams stronger, well the Masters one def but again he had the final say.

Managers again in my opinion have to work together, just like it was done when the policy first started, all managers in the same age group from A team downwards should be talking to each other and trying to get not only their best team but the best teams for all.


That's my whole point, you come on here and publicly slaughter some guys, but some other guys you speak to. I'm sure you have also spoken to Santa to tell him how you feel about him playing in the A team.

Every manager deserves the same courtesy whether they are your pal or not.
User Avatar
knowledge
General Member


Posts: 8265
Joined: 14.01.08
Age: 46

RE: Mens A Trials
by: FlyingScotsman, 17-01-2018 02:47 PM (#46)

LOL so now your saying I should have posted what I thought about Davy not getting a straight selection.

No matter what I do John you will just disagree with me because that's what you like to do mate.

I never slaughtered anyone John, please read what I first posted

As I said to one and all, all I want is for the best available players to get selected for our teams, as Pete has posted sometimes some players are not good team players and I have to agree with that but until they get the chance, that they deserve to prove that one way or the other , we will never know.

as for Santa playing himself in the team, he paid the penalty for doing that because it kept him out f the WMc for that year, would Santa select himself in a knockout, well maybe if his team had already won but no chance at all when going against the far better teams.

As for being my pal, yes both Billy and Santa are and I also thought Johnny was as well but I would honestly tell anyone my opinion , if I felt they were wrong, I did it with Billy, not on here for all to see but I promise you from now on John, I will post it for all to see.

That's now twice you have tried to say I am doing this for a mate, the first one you posted that you were wrong and your wrong again here John, mate or no mate, if I think they are wrong I will tell them that.
FlyingScotsman



Posts: 10112
Joined: 10.01.08
Location: Dunfermline

RE: Mens A Trials
by: knowledge, 17-01-2018 03:02 PM (#47)

NO! What I'm saying is treat everyone the same. I don't think you, as president should post publicly about anyone's team selection. Don't have a quiet word in some guys ears and post publicly about others. The people you post about publicly you are putting under pressure and scrutiny.

I did not "try to say" the Masters thing was about your mate. I said it. I have no doubt this is about your mate getting put in a trial, you are welcome to disagree. Also the fact you have nothing to say about your pals team selections publicly may well be a coincidence but the facts are you have not treated everyone the same and the facts are, you have treated your pals better.
 
Edited by knowledge 17-01-2018 03:03 PM
User Avatar
knowledge
General Member


Posts: 8265
Joined: 14.01.08
Age: 46

RE: Mens A Trials
by: FlyingScotsman, 17-01-2018 03:12 PM (#48)

But John I have said on here, every manager should select the best players available.

Not Johnny not Rab not Billy everyone of them.

Johnny asked the question of me, regarding Mike Rab and himself, not of any other manager, if he had asked me about Billy or Santa I would have given him my answer which was , none of them select themselves to pay for the team.

So if you allow me to just post this and nothing more,

I wish all teams the very best for the coming Europeans and ask all managers to select the best available players that they can.

That is all.
FlyingScotsman



Posts: 10112
Joined: 10.01.08
Location: Dunfermline

RE: Mens A Trials
by: FlyingScotsman, 17-01-2018 03:12 PM (#49)

But John I have said on here, every manager should select the best players available.

Not Johnny not Rab not Billy everyone of them.

Johnny asked the question of me, regarding Mike Rab and himself, not of any other manager, if he had asked me about Billy or Santa I would have given him my answer which was , none of them select themselves to pay for the team.

So if you allow me to just post this and nothing more,

I wish all teams the very best for the coming Europeans and ask all managers to select the best available players that they can.

That is all.
FlyingScotsman



Posts: 10112
Joined: 10.01.08
Location: Dunfermline

RE: Mens A Trials
by: smarties, 17-01-2018 05:10 PM (#50)

Ross, the exec pick managers from persons who make themselves available to be picked,you,me, John, Yvonne, none of the exec, apart from Davy made ourselves available so we pick who is in front of us.

I do not think for 1 minute any manager does not do their utmost to pick the best team they believe can win at these tournaments, picking teams are all about opinions does not matter if it is a committee or a manager.

You are the promoter and president of the SPA, also arguably the best player ever to play pool for Scotland and as such your opinion has more clout than others.

The posting of your opinions on a public forum like this is very powerful, maybe a "quiet word" with people whoever they maybe would be more presidential like you have done with Billy and Santa.

Everyone exec,managers and players all want to win these, but the "best" players don't always win, the "best" teams do.Gary Felvus and Robert Edment have proved this.

Malky.

smarties
General Member


Posts: 853
Joined: 09.03.08
Location: livingston

RE: Mens A Trials
by: the monkey, 17-01-2018 09:16 PM (#51)

smarties wrote:
Ross, the exec pick managers from persons who make themselves available to be picked,you,me, John, Yvonne, none of the exec, apart from Davy made ourselves available so we pick who is in front of us.

I do not think for 1 minute any manager does not do their utmost to pick the best team they believe can win at these tournaments, picking teams are all about opinions does not matter if it is a committee or a manager.

You are the promoter and president of the SPA, also arguably the best player ever to play pool for Scotland and as such your opinion has more clout than others.

The posting of your opinions on a public forum like this is very powerful, maybe a "quiet word" with people whoever they maybe would be more presidential like you have done with Billy and Santa.

Everyone exec,managers and players all want to win these, but the "best" players don't always win, the "best" teams do.Gary Felvus and Robert Edment have proved this.

Malky.


well said malky at last some sense

ross why don't you pick all Scotland teams on there section rankings
this stops people moaning
and makes people play in there section or sections

number 1 in team
Scottish champ in team
world champ in team

then players ranked 2 3 4 straight into team

then players ranked 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 get a trial for there A TEAM
and say player ranked 10 wins trial the next 6 best ranked players make up the B TEAM and so on till all 3 teams are picked

then only thing that would happen is people think there too good to play in a B team or too play in a trial which is wrong these are the people that should be punished
and all they come away with is they say they cant make the trial date and its fine
when most players would be over the moon to get a trial

and as brian has said 20 people would pick diff teams

and don't ever question ma teams again best seniors manager ever u kidding me on
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm


CHAMPIONS











 
Edited by knowledge 18-01-2018 01:25 AM
the monkey



Posts: 354
Joined: 25.05.08

RE: Mens A Trials
by: scottishslack, 18-01-2018 12:34 AM (#52)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
Sorry John, Slack, its my opinion that managers should select the best available players for their teams, not themselves.

I am not saying there are not some players out there that can be a player manager but they have to have, again in my opinion the results behind them.

why should a person put themselves up to manage a team and have the right to select themselves before others who have did far better than them over the year/s .

Its the SPA duty to make sure that this does not happen, as its unfair on others who have done well in the tours etc, to lose out to whom? a person who has done nothing at all but can select himself/herself because they are the manager and you think that is right.

As for myself asking these people to be removed, well again in my opinion it does matter Slack, I am after all the President of the SPA and if I feel something is wrong I will fight for it to be corrected.


Apologies Ross, I thought you had rescinded all your roles within the SPA and were just a mere player like the rest of us, hence my comment.

Regarding your points, I think JB and Malky have put the counterpoints across better than I could've.
scottishslack
General Member


Posts: 716
Joined: 15.01.08
Location: Glasgow

RE: Mens A Trials
by: FlyingScotsman, 18-01-2018 09:13 AM (#53)

They have done that son and of course Maly's last comment puts it all down well.

Just saw Johnny's and Petes team and its fantastic, I hope they along with all the other International teams, win every title down there and that's all I ever want from Team Scotland.
FlyingScotsman



Posts: 10112
Joined: 10.01.08
Location: Dunfermline

RE: Mens A Trials
by: The Jackal, 18-01-2018 11:58 PM (#54)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
They have done that son and of course Maly's last comment puts it all down well.

Just saw Johnny's and Petes team and its fantastic, I hope they along with all the other International teams, win every title down there and that's all I ever want from Team Scotland.


Thanks ross much appreciated no hard feelings on opinions
The Jackal



Posts: 280
Joined: 18.02.10
Location: Cleland

RE: Mens A Trials
by: The Horologist, 19-01-2018 07:41 AM (#55)

Have I fallen asleep and woken up 10 years ago??????

Ross, WHY are we still seeing glimpses of the old McInnes?????

If this was about something that happened in the section you play in (not YOUR SECTION as you call it) then have a word with the Manager concerned, or even better, bite your tongue and do what your told, as a mere player in a team should.

That way, when he tells you, it's absolutely NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH YOU, it's only the 2 of you who fall out !!!!

Instead, now what we have, irrespective of what people say, is you arguing, disagreeing with all B Team Managers, telling them they're not good enough to be in their positions, and ultimately causing total disruption, within the whole of Team Scotland!!!

Weeksy, probably one of the most respected guys in Scottish Pool, disagrees with you!!

Pete Smith, held in the exact same esteem as Weeksy, is the same.

John Brownlie, who, irrespective of what you tell yourself, has made you look silly, because he passionately disagrees with both what you say, how you've worded it, and where you've chosen to air your unwelcome opinion.

The B Team, B1 Team & B2 Team Managers, who the SPA have put in the positions, are definitely not waking up this morning thinking "Hope that auld wascal McInnes has a good Birthday!!"

The Masters Manager you want to play for.

NOW, on to more pressing matters.................

It doesn't matter what you're calling yourself these days..........
El Presidente.
Chief Bestest Promoter.
Event Promiser in return for table hire.
Head Cook & Bottle Washer.
Guy who kicks people out of events.

THE INTERNATIONAL SET UP IS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

(READ IT AGAIN, BECAUSE I KNOW YOU'RE ANOTHER YEAR OLDER TODAY!!)

Santa, as A Team Manager, is also overall International Manager, as far as my memory serves me, and as such, oversees the whole of the International set up.

As far as the International teams, their selection (for both teams & trials) and everything else thereafter, you've not got one bit of input.

NOT ONE IOTA OF INPUT DO YOU HAVE!!!!!!

You've already said on here, by saying this....
"Well to be honest, yes it did start with my section John"

THE ONLY REASON YOU'VE DONE THIS IS BECAUSE YOU DISAGREE WITH A DECISION, THE MANAGER OF THE VERY TEAM YOU WANT TO PLAY FOR, HAS MADE!!!!!

Come on Rossco, you're past all this, it's only pool, and at the end of the day, these guys who select their teams do so, because they think the team they select, is the team that will win the event for them.

OR DO YOU HONESTLY THINK THEY'D RATHER PICK THEIR PALS, AND GO DOWN KNOWING THEY WERE GOING TO GET BEAT????

John Brownlie, please take this thread down, and let's all get back to wishing all the teams, all the best.

One Scotland
One Team.

The Horologist
General Member


Posts: 387
Joined: 12.01.12
Location: Watching time tick bye........

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password



Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< December 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31            
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

07/12/2018
Bash sent you a pm

22/11/2018
All stats will be published upon completion of all S15 events.

21/11/2018
Any player stats being posted from the 2nd decision?

22/10/2018
When the seniors draw getting done?

15/10/2018
Anyone know if there is any provisional date for the super 11s premier next year?

27/09/2018
Cheers FCBash

23/09/2018
Trying to get it up and running - John working on it.

22/09/2018
Any streams for the ims today

21/09/2018
No dress code for the qualifiers Davy.

18/09/2018
I take it that their is no dress code for the 15s qualifiers folks

Render time: 0.31 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 72,210,868 unique visits