June 23 2018 03:07:18
Navigation
· Home
· 2018 S11 Schedules
· Constitution
· Int. Selection Policy
· Playing Rules
· Drugs Policy
· Meetings
· Downloads
· SPA Contacts
· Site Rules
· Discussion Forum
· Contact Webteam
· Event Calendar (NEW)
IM Series
· 2018 IM Dates/Deadlines
· 2018 IM Area Draws
· 2018 IM Rankings
· 2017 IM Rankings
SPA Information
· 2018 Roll of Honour
· SPA Tour Rankings
· Ladies Tour
International Teams
· Mens
· Ladies
· Youths and Juniors
· Learning Difficulties
Member Leagues
· Affiliated Leagues
Other
· Photo Gallery
· Downloads
· Search
· Web Links
Users Online
· Guests Online: 17

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 2,191
· Newest Member: Chrissy3uk
Forum Threads
Newest Threads
· 2018 SPA MM IM#3 Finals
· 2018 Willie McCartne...
· 2018 S15ís Entry Info
· BI World Championships
· Missed payments
Hottest Threads
· An Invite from th... [1120]
· challenge match n... [637]
· Riley's £10000 am... [430]
· Last Movie you wa... [390]
The Scottish Pool Association Ľ General Ľ Individual Membership
SPA MM IM#1 Finals - Weather Conditions
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

  SPA MM IM#1 Finals - Weather Conditions
by: AllanONeil, 01-03-2018 11:02 AM (#1)

Due to the severe weather conditions, is it a possibility the IM#1 finals will be cancelled/rescheduled in the interest of players safety?

I personally donít want it to happen, Iíll be travelling from cumbernauld to Players Lounge, Falkirk however, other players from my area are having to travel to Edinburgh. Thatís not too bad I understand as thereís other members in the country having to travel much greater distances and I just wanted to know if the SPA have thought about this and have a back up plan just in case?

Sorry to play devils advocat but just wanted to through a spanner in the works.

Thanks in advance
 
Partyboy
 
Edited by AllanONeil 01-03-2018 11:04 AM
User Avatar
AllanONeil
General Member


Posts: 88
Joined: 12.06.14
Location: Cumbernauld
Age: 29

RE: SPA MM IM#1 Finals - Weather Conditions
by: The Hurricane, 01-03-2018 11:06 AM (#2)

There has already been comments on this mate.

A decision is due to be made tomorrow, However, I would be amazed if the weather has eased tomorrow given what it is like just now.

just my tuppence worth
 
Scotland B1 European Champions 2012, 2013

Scotland B1 Masters Champions 2009, 2010, 2011

Uddingston Super 15s Champions 2013, 2016

Seniors Event 1 Champion

Uddingston Singles Champion 2009

#TeamUddingston
User Avatar
The Hurricane
General Member


Posts: 1782
Joined: 14.01.08
Location: Coatbridge
Age: 48

RE: SPA MM IM#1 Finals - Weather Conditions
by: Snowball3117, 01-03-2018 11:19 AM (#3)

AllanONeil wrote:
Due to the severe weather conditions, is it a possibility the IM#1 finals will be cancelled/rescheduled in the interest of players safety?

I personally donít want it to happen, Iíll be travelling from cumbernauld to Players Lounge, Falkirk however, other players from my area are having to travel to Edinburgh. Thatís not too bad I understand as thereís other members in the country having to travel much greater distances and I just wanted to know if the SPA have thought about this and have a back up plan just in case?

Sorry to play devils advocat but just wanted to through a spanner in the works.

Thanks in advance


guess you don't read the forum before posting
Snowball3117
General Member


Posts: 194
Joined: 30.08.13
Age: 32

RE: SPA MM IM#1 Finals - Weather Conditions
by: AllanONeil, 01-03-2018 11:48 AM (#4)

I had a look in the IM1 finals post but couldnít see anything so apologies if I missed it lads.
 
Partyboy
User Avatar
AllanONeil
General Member


Posts: 88
Joined: 12.06.14
Location: Cumbernauld
Age: 29

RE: SPA MM IM#1 Finals - Weather Conditions
by: AllyM, 01-03-2018 11:58 AM (#5)

There is a post headed up 'MM IM One Weather' which tells us they will make a decision tomorrow morning.

Based on forecasts, worst of weather will have past after today and so hopefully should be okay (and I'm saying that as someone who has a fair way to travel).

Was good to have a post clarifying when the weather would be reviewed with regards to whether event goes ahead - so credit where it is due
AllyM
General Member


Posts: 8
Joined: 13.11.17
Location: Inverness
Age: 50

RE: SPA MM IM#1 Finals - Weather Conditions
by: MJ Hire, 01-03-2018 12:51 PM (#6)

All main roads I think will be fine. Think thatís the worst over
MJ Hire
General Member


Posts: 305
Joined: 01.09.10
Location: carnbroe
Age: 44

RE: SPA MM IM#1 Finals - Weather Conditions
by: The Hurricane, 01-03-2018 01:03 PM (#7)

Let's hope it eases enough
 
Scotland B1 European Champions 2012, 2013

Scotland B1 Masters Champions 2009, 2010, 2011

Uddingston Super 15s Champions 2013, 2016

Seniors Event 1 Champion

Uddingston Singles Champion 2009

#TeamUddingston
User Avatar
The Hurricane
General Member


Posts: 1782
Joined: 14.01.08
Location: Coatbridge
Age: 48

RE: SPA MM IM#1 Finals - Weather Conditions
by: Sting, 01-03-2018 02:24 PM (#8)

Amber warning still in effect until tomorrow 10am, and yellow warnings throughout the weekend after, i'd think a better safe than sorry approach would be best.
 
Triumphant Return
Sting
General Member


Posts: 1451
Joined: 15.01.08
Location: Falkirk

RE: SPA MM IM#1 Finals - Weather Conditions
by: AllyM, 01-03-2018 02:31 PM (#9)

Shouldn't be cancelled for yellow warnings - which are essentially just saying be aware and plan for possible delays etc.

If the orange/red warnings are continuing over the weekend then that is a different matter entirely.
AllyM
General Member


Posts: 8
Joined: 13.11.17
Location: Inverness
Age: 50

RE: SPA MM IM#1 Finals - Weather Conditions
by: scooby, 01-03-2018 02:42 PM (#10)

Should be cancelled with plenty notice it's only a date change which I'm sure would get fitted in somewhere

Safety first
scooby



Posts: 1175
Joined: 14.01.08
Location: parkhead

RE: SPA MM IM#1 Finals - Weather Conditions
by: MJ Hire, 01-03-2018 03:05 PM (#11)

scooby wrote:
Should be cancelled with plenty notice it's only a date change which I'm sure would get fitted in somewhere

Safety first
for amber warnings?? Give abit more time on getting to venues. You drive a van Scott, I take it youíll not be working if itís amber warning. I know my trucks will be be out tomorrow. Amber is just drive with caution
MJ Hire
General Member


Posts: 305
Joined: 01.09.10
Location: carnbroe
Age: 44

RE: SPA MM IM#1 Finals - Weather Conditions
by: Sting, 01-03-2018 03:11 PM (#12)

AllyM wrote:
Shouldn't be cancelled for yellow warnings - which are essentially just saying be aware and plan for possible delays etc.

If the orange/red warnings are continuing over the weekend then that is a different matter entirely.


Thats just for the weather and possible snow fall barring in mind what has already fallen and still to fall tonight. If even one person travelling is in an accident then the SPA would be at fault, in my opinion its not worth the risk.
 
Triumphant Return
Sting
General Member


Posts: 1451
Joined: 15.01.08
Location: Falkirk

RE: SPA MM IM#1 Finals - Weather Conditions
by: Sting, 01-03-2018 03:15 PM (#13)

If it were me there is an option to cancel completely which I am against or to reschedule.

If cancelled completely then id say the 256 people that qualified get their entry into the scottish Paid and the remainder of the prizemoney given to either the international fund or the unders section.
 
Triumphant Return
Sting
General Member


Posts: 1451
Joined: 15.01.08
Location: Falkirk

RE: SPA MM IM#1 Finals - Weather Conditions
by: The Hurricane, 01-03-2018 03:20 PM (#14)

Let's wait and see what tomorrow brings guys. One thing I would say is any decision that is made tomorrow is made as late as possible to give the event every chance of being on.
 
Scotland B1 European Champions 2012, 2013

Scotland B1 Masters Champions 2009, 2010, 2011

Uddingston Super 15s Champions 2013, 2016

Seniors Event 1 Champion

Uddingston Singles Champion 2009

#TeamUddingston
User Avatar
The Hurricane
General Member


Posts: 1782
Joined: 14.01.08
Location: Coatbridge
Age: 48

RE: SPA MM IM#1 Finals - Weather Conditions
by: Sting, 01-03-2018 03:24 PM (#15)

The Hurricane wrote:
Let's wait and see what tomorrow brings guys. One thing I would say is any decision that is made tomorrow is made as late as possible to give the event every chance of being on.


Disagree id want it made as early as possible so people know where they stand, a late one is fine for guys in central belt but what about guys that perhaps travel on the friday.
 
Triumphant Return
Sting
General Member


Posts: 1451
Joined: 15.01.08
Location: Falkirk

RE: SPA MM IM#1 Finals - Weather Conditions
by: AllyM, 01-03-2018 03:29 PM (#16)

I don't think any of the venues are exactly in remote locations, and so there really should be no issue with main roads/public travel (based on current forecasts).

Whoever makes the decision is going to wrong either way in some peoples opinion whatever they decide.
AllyM
General Member


Posts: 8
Joined: 13.11.17
Location: Inverness
Age: 50

RE: SPA MM IM#1 Finals - Weather Conditions
by: FlyingScotsman, 01-03-2018 03:52 PM (#17)

The Exec have decided to inform all players who have qualified for the MM IM one event, that it is now been cancelled/postponed.

A decision on what will happen to this event will be made later this month and we will inform you all after that.

Everyone will have different opinions on this but as far as I'm concerned the safety of all players come first and cancelling the event today instead of tomorrow gives the players more time to arrange/cancel other things along with the 3 venues involved being able to arrange things as well.
FlyingScotsman



Posts: 10040
Joined: 10.01.08
Location: Dunfermline

RE: SPA MM IM#1 Finals - Weather Conditions
by: MJ Hire, 01-03-2018 05:32 PM (#18)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
The Exec have decided to inform all players who have qualified for the MM IM one event, that it is now been cancelled/postponed.

A decision on what will happen to this event will be made later this month and we will inform you all after that.

Everyone will have different opinions on this but as far as I'm concerned the safety of all players come first and cancelling the event today instead of tomorrow gives the players more time to arrange/cancel other things along with the 3 venues involved being able to arrange things as well.
Good luck trying to fit it in Ross, so many tournaments now with IPA, Kendalís tour, Bridlington, Wos etc etc.
MJ Hire
General Member


Posts: 305
Joined: 01.09.10
Location: carnbroe
Age: 44

RE: SPA MM IM#1 Finals - Weather Conditions
by: scottishslack, 01-03-2018 05:40 PM (#19)

Roads are improving by the hour. The initial communication was the decision would be made tomorrow, I think this was a little hasty. Also, logistics wise I don't think 20 hours would make much difference. However, safety is of paramount importance and I'm only travelling from Glasgow, so maybe I'm not seeing the worst of it.
scottishslack
General Member


Posts: 714
Joined: 15.01.08
Location: Glasgow

RE: SPA MM IM#1 Finals - Weather Conditions
by: secretary, 01-03-2018 06:42 PM (#20)

scottishslack wrote:
Roads are improving by the hour. The initial communication was the decision would be made tomorrow, I think this was a little hasty. Also, logistics wise I don't think 20 hours would make much difference. However, safety is of paramount importance and I'm only travelling from Glasgow, so maybe I'm not seeing the worst of it.


Well Fife is closer to Edinburgh and there have been no busses in or out of Fife since 3pm Wednesday and next decision will not be made till 6am Friday

Trains are off as well.
secretary
General Member


Posts: 3109
Joined: 14.01.08
Location: Scotland

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password



Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< June 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30  
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

18/05/2018 10:01
Add me please Edward Mcvey

12/05/2018 17:55
Can you take George Meek of the list for seniors event number 2 please.. Sorry can't make it.

06/04/2018 13:06
FAO Thistle I would advise you to post this withdrawal on the Masters Event 2 thread with your name

01/04/2018 11:17
Please withdraw me from the Masters Event 2 Work commitments

30/03/2018 07:49
None yet Cruickie, TC still reviewing the entries and identifying ineligible players

29/03/2018 11:26
Any word on the local qualifiers for the Willie McCartney

26/03/2018 18:17
Sent you a PM Bash

22/03/2018 21:28
Davy Duncan. sent you a couple of PM's

22/03/2018 00:12
Maxi - Sent you a PM

01/03/2018 17:58
hi ross thats team bilko paid in full . ta eddie mcvey

Render time: 0.39 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 63,411,908 unique visits