The Scottish Pool Association Ľ General Ľ SPA Meetings
SPA AGM
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

SPA AGM
by: Cyclone, 31-05-2018 11:35 PM (#41)

To be honest Malky, you are always one for following the rules with the SPA, but on this occasion the rules have not been followed. The membership are getting no say, just the same as when the Scottish Singles went up to £10 per entry when the SPA knew that most of the league's didn't want the entry raised from £5
Cyclone

RE: SPA AGM
by: maxi, 04-06-2018 06:31 PM (#42)

Canít agree with what youíve posted Malky, you canít say due to time constraints in a meeting held in May!!!

We have had EGMs called which are not a meeting so it could have been called for an EGM in 3 or 4 weeks time to see if the areas wish a committee to reshape the IMs.

I donít think it would have had any opposition and thatís the bit that scunners me the most. If you do things in the open people respond but doing what yous have done gives an impression of things all done behind closed doors and reeks of a dictatorship rather than a democracy.

The constitution states proposals get made in January to be voted on at AGM in March.

www.scottishpool.com/images/wc2.jpg
www.lastbidz.com
http://twitter.co...
SPA Scottish Doubles Champions 2013
World Champion 2012 (Scotland Seniors Team)
Strathclyde League Singles Champion 2012
Red Triangle Singles League Champion 2012
Superleague 11 & 15 Team Champions 2012 (Team G)
Superleague 11s Challenge Champions (captain)
World Speed Pool Seniors Champion 2010
Paisley Singles Champion 2010
European Masters Senior Team Champions 2010, 2011
Superleague 15's Champions Team G 2009
Belhaven Grand Final Champion 2007
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: Blue Jam, 06-06-2018 08:54 PM (#43)

weeksy wrote:
From what I got told they had a vote to remove the bit were the votes have to go back to the area to then be voted on at the next meeting. Once that was passed then had a vote to let the 3 people sort out the ims witch was then voted on and passed.
Imo the ims have to change but I was out voted in my area last time sure it was 22 to 1 so how does a rep go back and tell there area that all this has happened and basically stuff yous.

This cannot possibly be true? pray
Blue Jam
General Member

by: billabong, 07-06-2018 07:24 AM (#44)

Blue Jam wrote:
weeksy wrote:
From what I got told they had a vote to remove the bit were the votes have to go back to the area to then be voted on at the next meeting. Once that was passed then had a vote to let the 3 people sort out the ims witch was then voted on and passed.
Imo the ims have to change but I was out voted in my area last time sure it was 22 to 1 so how does a rep go back and tell there area that all this has happened and basically stuff yous.

I wonder if this vote went back to the area first ?

Edited by billabong 07-06-2018 07:30 AM
billabong
General Member

by: Gerryb, 07-06-2018 03:11 PM (#45)

This needs rubbed out and started again. Too many folk with a vested interest making too many decisions. We have a set of rules to provide structure to large membership. You cant just pick and choose. Tail wagging the dog springs to mind.

Conflicts of interest all over the place.

Pumped more times than a cheap hooker
Gerryb

by: knowledge, 07-06-2018 05:18 PM (#46)

Blue Jam wrote:
weeksy wrote:

Standards have fallen since you left us sad
knowledge
General Member

by: maxi, 07-06-2018 09:59 PM (#47)

What I find absolutely incredulous is the fact Malky gives the reason he allowed the vote to be taken to bin the constitution was that there was a time constraint to have votes etc taken, well I'm afraid to say that FACTS do not give this reason any credence.

July 2014 there was a proposal made to increase the IM to 256 players at multiple venues, It was then brought up at September meeting and decided that it would need to be passed at an EGM what would be put on the ballot, this was held in October and voted on what was to go on ballot paper vs the status quo.

So my question to Malky is this, exactly how was it managed in 2014 without any problem yet for some reason it wasn't possible this year being proposed a month earlier than 2014.

So to summarise, in 2014 it was proposed to change the IM's at July meeting, it was then discussed at the September meeting and decided an EGM needed to be called for first Sunday in October to decide what would go on the ballot paper to the IM membership.

And it gets even better, it was an EGM called for September 2016 where proposals were taken to change the structure of IM's yet again when the exec made their proposal and counter proposals resulted in the 3 venues on a Saturday that we currently have, and guess what THAT WAS THEN SENT OUT AS A BALLOT TO THE IM MEMBERS.

So a ballot was taken in 2014 after October meeting and a ballot took place in 2016 AFTER the September meeting, but the exec simply decided the IM members don't deserve to be balloted after THEY make a proposal in June to decide themselves exactly how the IM will be restructured!!!

Out of order. And can't for the life of me understand why the members are simply accepting this!!!

www.lastbidz.com

Edited by maxi 07-06-2018 10:16 PM
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: smarties, 08-06-2018 06:16 PM (#48)

"So my question to Malky is this, exactly how was it managed in 2014 without any problem yet for some reason it wasn't possible this year being proposed a month earlier than 2014."

Maxi, go back to my post #39 and read it again slowly, try and digest the post please.

Malky.

Edited by smarties 08-06-2018 06:17 PM
smarties
General Member

by: maxi, 1 week ago 12:22 PM (#49)

Read my post again Malky, an EGM was called in October. Is that a scheduled meeting date?? NO

So to say if you didnít allow an unconstitutional vote to take place that it would be November before result of ballot could come in is complete nonsense as proposals to change the IM have came in AFTER the current one and been passed and out for ballot before November in 2 different years!!!

What part of this are you not grasping Malky.

What you and the exec have done is stick two fingers right up to over a thousand players by more or less telling them it is indeed not an Individual Membership itís the Execs Membership....

www.lastbidz.com
maxi
Fingers crossed!

by: smarties, 1 week ago 05:26 PM (#50)

What part of this are you not grasping maxi?

1.It was an A.G.M.
2.I allowed the vote to be taken.
3.The vote will stand as long as i remain in the chair.

Now if you want to change it, do as you say you want to and come to the next meeting and call for a vote of no confidence in me.
smarties
General Member

by: Basher, 1 week ago 05:59 PM (#51)

So as long as you are the chair then the constitution isnít required? Is that what youíre saying Malky?

Dunfermline Singles Champion 2017
Menís B European Champions 2017
Menís B Nations Cup Champions 2017
Basher
General Member

by: smarties, 1 week ago 06:13 PM (#52)

Basher wrote:
So as long as you are the chair then the constitution isnít required? Is that what youíre saying Malky?

Basher why would you wish to misconstrue my words????

If you go back and read my posts you will find out that i allowed the vote on time constraints which is constitutionally correct.
Anyone will tell you that i, more than anyone now or in the past, follow the constitution.
If you think different you must not be a regular at the meetings.

Now my words are "that vote will stand as long as i am in the chair" as i believe it to be constitutionally correct.
If you are like Maxi and believe otherwise come along to the next meeting and vote.

Malky.
smarties
General Member

by: Basher, 1 week ago 09:51 PM (#53)

Iíll have to take your word on it being constitutionally correct seeing as it has taken over 18 months so far to have the constitution amended and posted online. helpless

Dunfermline Singles Champion 2017
Menís B European Champions 2017
Menís B Nations Cup Champions 2017
Basher
General Member

by: scottrdj, 1 week ago 12:50 AM (#54)

No point in an agm. The spa committee will decide the best for all of us. I wonder why the first Sunday in June is permanently blanked out for any tournament. Let the local leagues have their day but shock horror you railroaded them to have the I'm final. Why did you actually think that Sunday was free.
scottrdj
General Member

by: scottrdj, 1 week ago 12:55 AM (#55)

No point in an agm. The spa committee will decide the best for all of us. I wonder why the first Sunday in June is permanently blanked out for any tournament. Let the local leagues have their day but shock horror you railroaded them to have the I'm final. Why did you actually think that Sunday was free.
scottrdj
General Member

by: billabong, 1 week ago 08:40 AM (#56)

smarties wrote:
Basher wrote:

If you go back and read my posts you will find out that i allowed the vote on time constraints which is constitutionally correct.
Anyone will tell you that i, more than anyone now or in the past, follow the constitution.

Now my words are "that vote will stand as long as i am in the chair" as i believe it to be constitutionally correct.
If you are like Maxi and believe otherwise come along to the next meeting and vote.

Malky.

Just as a matter of interest, what was the impact of the vote not being taken ?

Would the I.M's have been effected, I take it ?
billabong
General Member

by: FlyingScotsman, 1 week ago 12:35 PM (#57)

billabong wrote:
smarties wrote:
Basher wrote:

Malky.

I don't get what you are saying regarding a vote not being taken, a vote on this subject was taken by the reps who attended the meeting.
FlyingScotsman

by: billabong, 1 week ago 10:28 PM (#58)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
billabong wrote:
smarties wrote:
Basher wrote:

Malky.

I don't get what you are saying regarding a vote not being taken, a vote on this subject was taken by the reps who attended the meeting.

Simple question. IF the vote was not allowed to happen, what would the impact have been ?

Would for example, I.M. changes have had to wait until another 12 months to be voted on ?

Trying to figure out what was so time sensitive, that's all.

Edited by billabong 1 week ago 07:30 AM
billabong
General Member

by: maxi, 1 week ago 05:21 PM (#59)

I have proven by supplying facts not opinion that the IM has been changed in two separate years when a proposal has been made at the JULY meeting yet Malky has decided that a vote should be allowed at the AGM due to time constraints when this is simply not the case.

It is 100% against the constitution Malky as proposals are supposed to be made at the January pre-AGM to be voted on at the AGM not sent to the secret exec 14 days before the AGM so only the exec are aware of any proposal coming forward.

You have damaged the integrity of the SPA for years to come, and coming out with your statement that it will stand while your in the chair only highlights that further.

The most annoying thing about all this Malky is that before you went onto the exec you used to sit at every meeting digging up the SPA every single time a proposal was being made with the constitution in front of you telling everyone why itís not possible to do what someone has tried to do, would be good if you had kept that attention to details going during your chairmanship.

www.lastbidz.com

Edited by maxi 1 week ago 05:25 PM
maxi
Fingers crossed!

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< June 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30  
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

18/05/2018 10:01
Add me please Edward Mcvey

12/05/2018 17:55
Can you take George Meek of the list for seniors event number 2 please.. Sorry can't make it.

06/04/2018 13:06
FAO Thistle I would advise you to post this withdrawal on the Masters Event 2 thread with your name

01/04/2018 11:17
Please withdraw me from the Masters Event 2 Work commitments

30/03/2018 07:49
None yet Cruickie, TC still reviewing the entries and identifying ineligible players

29/03/2018 11:26
Any word on the local qualifiers for the Willie McCartney

26/03/2018 18:17
Sent you a PM Bash

22/03/2018 21:28
Davy Duncan. sent you a couple of PM's

22/03/2018 00:12
Maxi - Sent you a PM

01/03/2018 17:58
hi ross thats team bilko paid in full . ta eddie mcvey

Render time: 0.37 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 63,411,592 unique visits