· Last Movie you wa... [390]
The Scottish Pool Association General SPA Announcements
Belhaven Scottish Open draw/ Calcutta
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

Belhaven Scottish Open draw/ Calcutta
by: FlyingScotsman, 31-07-2018 02:42 PM (#1)

Just to let everyone know how and when we are going to be doing the Calcutta/draw for the Belhaven Scottish Open event.

We are keeping the same time table for entries to be played as normal, so two weeks before the event all names have to be in, I will be asking the leagues, as they come in if any interest in bidding for a player, if not, then these players will be put into a group.

Now as this is an open draw, that will mean ANYONE can get far in the Scottish, as if most of the big players, so to speak, get drawn against each at the very start or even at the finals, these groups could be really worth buying.

If everyone looks at the area draws, you will see that unlike the IM s which are seeded, lots of top players are drawn to play each other to qualify, ie; the Fleming bothers as an example.

So lots of top players not even going to get to the finals, which is great for the event as a whole.

However the cut off date co- insides with myself being at the Catalonia Pool Festival and as such I will have to do the Calcutta there, along side a few days later when the bids are all paid in, doing the live draw there as well.

Now some, like my good lady will say, why are you doing these things at the pool side drinking jugs of sangria, well no one is stopping you from joining us there and watching it live in person lol.

As for the Calcutta, I need this one to be as big as I can get it, as I have guaranteed a prize fund of 10400 and with only 800 entries I am well behind the mark, in fact 2400 behind but it had to change people and if it costs me, then I'm the only one losing out.

So for all you lucky players who just qualify, you are already on 25 going up each round you win through and as I said, its an open draw, so no one can call the winner? Boyle may get Dunster in the first round but again both of these players still have to qualify and Mark has Antz after all in the very first round of this event.

So I will be posting on a weekly basis until the names of the qualifiers start coming in and then will be asking questions on every qualifier, I know that Santa will be at the pool side with me doing the Calcutta and would hope that one or two others will join us there and we will be raising our glasses to you all over here watching how hard we work when we are on holiday lol.
FlyingScotsman

RE: Belhaven Scottish Open draw/ Calcutta
by: derekd, 31-07-2018 04:40 PM (#2)

Think a certain Mr John Pollock will have a day n whether the Fleming brothers play each 😄.
derekd
General Member

by: FlyingScotsman, 31-07-2018 04:44 PM (#3)

True Derek, just pointing out that these two , like other top ranking players are drawn against each other, as its an open draw.
FlyingScotsman

by: derekd, 31-07-2018 10:47 PM (#4)

👌...How did the Mosconi shirt do?.
derekd
General Member

by: FlyingScotsman, 03-08-2018 12:00 PM (#5)

Santa is going to take bids for it mate, to good to auction on the day as all those people had already paid a lot out.
FlyingScotsman

by: derekd, 1 week ago 07:55 PM (#6)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
Santa is going to take bids for it mate, to good to auction on the day as all those people had already paid a lot out.

👍.
derekd
General Member

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< August 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

13/08/2018 16:38
Give the guy a chance Jamie pretty sure he has a job to go to today first and foremost !!

13/08/2018 16:18
scottish doubles draw????

13/07/2018 21:39
Derekd Derek Dunbar please contact me
Render time: 0.21 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 65,567,489 unique visits