22/07/2019 12:32
Navigation
· Home
· 2019 S11 Schedules
· Constitution
· Playing Rules
· Meetings
· Downloads
· SPA Contacts
· Site Rules
· Discussion Forum
· Contact Webteam
· Event Calendar (NEW)
IM Series
· 2019 IM Dates/Deadlines
· 2019 IM Area Draws
· 2019 IM Rankings
· 2018 IM Rankings
SPA Information
· 2019 Roll of Honour
· SPA Tour Rankings
· Ladies Tour
International Teams
· Mens
· Ladies
· Youths and Juniors
· Learning Difficulties
Member Leagues
· Affiliated Leagues
Other
· Photo Gallery
· Downloads
· Search
· Web Links
Users Online
· Guests Online: 15

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 2,203
· Newest Member: Caufield83
Forum Threads
Newest Threads
· 2019 S15 Proposed Di...
· Scottish Masters Cha...
· Summer Open
· Masters Tour Event 4...
· Seniors Tour - Event...
Hottest Threads
· An Invite from th... [1120]
· challenge match n... [637]
· Riley's 10000 am... [430]
· Last Movie you wa... [390]
The Scottish Pool Association General SPA Announcements
2017 Accounts
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

  2017 Accounts
by: FCBash, 09-09-2018 11:02 PM (#1)

All,

Please see the link below which will take you to the draft accounts for 2017. Unfortunately Ross and Yvonne could not be present at today's meeting, both of whom have the information to answer queries on these accounts.

Therefore, it was agreed at today's meeting (Sunday 9th Sept) to post these online and any questions can be posted in this forum. The closing date for any queries is midnight on Wednesday 31st October 2018. The queries will then be collated and responded to at the December meeting, where we hop eto have these passed.

Regards,
Michael


2017 SPA Accounts
http://www.scotti...202017.pdf
 
SPA IM Secretary
Arbroath & District Match Secretary
 
Edited by FCBash 05-10-2018 07:24 PM
FCBash
General Member


Posts: 1952
Joined: 09.12.10
Location: Arbroath

RE: 2017 Accounts
by: Gerryb, 10-09-2018 12:25 PM (#2)

Are these prepared by an accountant?
Gerryb
General Member


Posts: 489
Joined: 14.01.08
Location: Glasgow
Age: 49

RE: 2017 Accounts
by: Gerryb, 10-09-2018 12:28 PM (#3)

Surely there should be income and expenditure when it comes to events when members are being charged? Not just the one big number.
 
Edited by Gerryb 10-09-2018 01:51 PM
Gerryb
General Member


Posts: 489
Joined: 14.01.08
Location: Glasgow
Age: 49

RE: 2017 Accounts
by: beearraydee, 10-09-2018 03:48 PM (#4)

Hi there- I have a few questions.

Why has affiliation income dropped 35% year on year?

Can we please have a breakdown of 'event income' to an event by event granular level?

What are "Event Costs - other costs" - can we have a breakdown please?

Can we get a breakdown of "international events" please- what specifically are the costs? This is placed right next to the prize money for other events but I suspect this cost is a little different?

What are "promoters fees?"

What is behind the staggering increase of "executive members and team managers expenses" year on year?

Can we please get a breakdown of "fees and subscriptions"- This is more than half of all overhead expenses so this is essential please.

Why are we paying ~50 per month for website and domain hosting costs? This could likely be achieved for a fraction of this price.

What are the plans for the bulk of the 31k sitting in the bank account?

I'm probably being a bit thick as I don't have a background in accounting, but why is there a negative 10k total on the balance sheet when the bank account has 31k in it?

Cheers,
beearraydee
General Member


Posts: 38
Joined: 03.11.16
Location: Edinburgh

RE: 2017 Accounts
by: Gerryb, 10-09-2018 04:25 PM (#5)

There are some big numbers on the sheet with no detailed explanation.
Gerryb
General Member


Posts: 489
Joined: 14.01.08
Location: Glasgow
Age: 49

RE: 2017 Accounts
by: Sting, 10-09-2018 05:04 PM (#6)

clap who done these? If it was an accountant they need shot.

No proper breakdown of pretty much everything.

Farce.
 
Triumphant Return
Sting
General Member


Posts: 1498
Joined: 16.01.08
Location: Falkirk

RE: 2017 Accounts
by: beearraydee, 10-09-2018 05:08 PM (#7)

Sting wrote:
If it was an accountant they need shot.


Bit harsh!
beearraydee
General Member


Posts: 38
Joined: 03.11.16
Location: Edinburgh

RE: 2017 Accounts
by: Sting, 10-09-2018 05:13 PM (#8)

beearraydee wrote:
Sting wrote:
If it was an accountant they need shot.


Bit harsh!


I only say that as I believe that an accountant would be much more thorough and would cover most of the bases that you have asked about.

The income has no detail and the rest is far from thorough.

I look forward to the answers, particularly the one regards domain name and hosting considering that the average as per a quick Google search is 10/15 per ANNUM and we are paying 50 a month.
 
Triumphant Return
Sting
General Member


Posts: 1498
Joined: 16.01.08
Location: Falkirk

RE: 2017 Accounts
by: Sting, 10-09-2018 05:17 PM (#9)

So, these are a draft as per the original posting. And will get the final details of the accounts for 2017 in DECEMBER, are you just gonna do the 2018 ones at the same time, surely this cannot be deemed as acceptable?
 
Triumphant Return
Sting
General Member


Posts: 1498
Joined: 16.01.08
Location: Falkirk

RE: 2017 Accounts
by: knowledge, 10-09-2018 06:24 PM (#10)

Sting wrote:
clap who done these? If it was an accountant they need shot.

No proper breakdown of pretty much everything.

Farce.


The accountant can only act on the information they are given.
User Avatar
knowledge
General Member


Posts: 8294
Joined: 14.01.08
Age: 47

RE: 2017 Accounts
by: sweeper, 11-09-2018 12:02 PM (#11)

beearraydee wrote:
Hi there- I have a few questions.

Why has affiliation income dropped 35% year on year?

Can we please have a breakdown of 'event income' to an event by event granular level?

What are "Event Costs - other costs" - can we have a breakdown please?

Can we get a breakdown of "international events" please- what specifically are the costs? This is placed right next to the prize money for other events but I suspect this cost is a little different?

What are "promoters fees?"

What is behind the staggering increase of "executive members and team managers expenses" year on year?

Can we please get a breakdown of "fees and subscriptions"- This is more than half of all overhead expenses so this is essential please.

Why are we paying ~50 per month for website and domain hosting costs? This could likely be achieved for a fraction of this price.

What are the plans for the bulk of the 31k sitting in the bank account?

I'm probably being a bit thick as I don't have a background in accounting, but why is there a negative 10k total on the balance sheet when the bank account has 31k in it?

Cheers,


clap what he said...
 
Edited by sweeper 11-09-2018 12:03 PM
sweeper



Posts: 221
Joined: 11.04.08
Location: At the table

RE: 2017 Accounts
by: tricky, 11-09-2018 01:33 PM (#12)

I'll take a proper look at this later but initial thoughts are nobody will understand these accounts.

For the members sake I think each header, ie. "affiliation income" should be defined. eg. income from member leagues and then further broken down by amount paid. eg. 20 leagues @ 100.

Event income? What events? A full break down is required here without a doubt. What is the income? Entry fees, monies from clubs, venues for sponsorship? A figure alone is utterly meaningless.

Our sponsorship for 2017 was really zero, nada, diddly squat?

Breakdown of accommodation costs is a start but it could go further, ie. per event along with associated incomes and pay outs etc.

12% of costs to be noted as other isn't really going to cut it.

International Event costs surely needs to be clarified further.

Promoters Fees. Interesting. Would be good to see which events these related to in event specific income & expense accounts.

Fees & subs. What fees and subs? Seem to have risen significantly.

Mostly, like others no doubt, I am concerned at the cash balance. I think it requires attention. It's fine to hold cash reserves but:
1.Purpose of reserves?
2.Do you have a target amount or are we just happy for it to grow forever?
3.Who has authority over these monies and what use will be made of them?
4.Who has responsibility for reporting on these reserves when they are used? Do you need to forewarn association members of their use?
Ideally there would be a specific policy in place to address the reserves.

I thought IM was accounted for separately to the SPA but obviously wrong.
tricky



Posts: 1938
Joined: 28.01.08
Location: The Mecca

RE: 2017 Accounts
by: jimmyboco, 12-09-2018 05:52 PM (#13)

A simple way to do it surely?

2018
Income
IM entries 1,203 x 30 = 36,090
Grassroots - 760 x 5 = 3,800
Affilation Fees - 39 leagues at 50 = 1,950

Experditure
IM1 - 7000
IM2 - 7000
etc etc etc
Grassroots - 3,800

etc
 
Former captain of the first E team to qualify for the Super 11s - Edinburgh E - 2016
jimmyboco
General Member


Posts: 177
Joined: 31.01.14
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 36

RE: 2017 Accounts
by: Gerryb, 17-09-2018 06:22 PM (#14)

Bringing this back to the top. Just incase anyone thinks this is not important.
Gerryb
General Member


Posts: 489
Joined: 14.01.08
Location: Glasgow
Age: 49

RE: 2017 Accounts
by: thunderbird, 18-09-2018 09:03 AM (#15)

We spent 57K on Accomodation ?

Did I miss the Vegas open ?
 
Next CUE HERE tournament, Saturday ,20th July,, 2019.

Lanarkshire Grassroots Tour
thunderbird



Posts: 824
Joined: 25.01.08

RE: 2017 Accounts
by: AllyM, 18-09-2018 09:51 AM (#16)

I assume the accommodation relates to the caravans at Pettycur Bay for Super 11's and Super 15's. There were 64 S15 teams and 96 S11 teams. If we assume 3 caravans per S15 and 2 per S11 team at a cost of 150 per caravan that gives a total cost of 57,600, so would seem to be in the right ball park. Of course I could be totally wrong..
AllyM
General Member


Posts: 21
Joined: 13.11.17
Location: Inverness
Age: 51

RE: 2017 Accounts
by: Gerryb, 25-09-2018 05:19 PM (#17)

I think the questions should be answered on here as they come in. This is far too important to brush over at a meeting.
Gerryb
General Member


Posts: 489
Joined: 14.01.08
Location: Glasgow
Age: 49

RE: 2017 Accounts
by: peterloon, 25-09-2018 11:41 PM (#18)

I know it's a small amount in the income but at first glance how can the affiliation fees go down from 2,000 - which I am assuming is 40 leagues at 50 in 2016.

In 2017 the income is 1,305 - which isn't divisible by 50.

Plus this year there are 39 IM regions so the income this year should be back up to 1,950.

Thus this drop in 2017 seems odd - not withstanding the lack of breakdown of the other figures in these accounts.

peterloon
General Member


Posts: 5
Joined: 06.11.15
Location: Cardenden
Age: 49

RE: 2017 Accounts
by: maxi, 26-09-2018 01:06 AM (#19)

Sting wrote:
beearraydee wrote:
Sting wrote:
If it was an accountant they need shot.


Bit harsh!


I only say that as I believe that an accountant would be much more thorough and would cover most of the bases that you have asked about.

The income has no detail and the rest is far from thorough.

I look forward to the answers, particularly the one regards domain name and hosting considering that the average as per a quick Google search is 10/15 per ANNUM and we are paying 50 a month.


Your comparing an orange with an apple though, if you can get hosting etc for 10/15 per month that can host all the SPA leagues websites which the current one does then that would be fantastic. The hosting your referring to is what you would pay to host your own website, not the facility to host almost unlimited sub websites and domains.

I think the yearly cost is between 500-600 per year. And has been for the past 10 years or so
 
www.scottishpool.com/images/wc2.jpg
www.lastbidz.com
http://twitter.co...
SPA Scottish Doubles Champions 2013
World Champion 2012 (Scotland Seniors Team)
Strathclyde League Singles Champion 2012
Red Triangle Singles League Champion 2012
Superleague 11 & 15 Team Champions 2012 (Team G)
Superleague 11s Challenge Champions (captain)
World Speed Pool Seniors Champion 2010
Paisley Singles Champion 2010
European Masters Senior Team Champions 2010, 2011
Superleague 15's Champions Team G 2009
Belhaven Grand Final Champion 2007
maxi
Fingers crossed!


Posts: 15065
Joined: 06.04.10
Location: Glasgow
Age: 50

RE: 2017 Accounts
by: Sting, 26-09-2018 11:34 AM (#20)

maxi wrote:
Sting wrote:
beearraydee wrote:
Sting wrote:
If it was an accountant they need shot.


Bit harsh!


I only say that as I believe that an accountant would be much more thorough and would cover most of the bases that you have asked about.

The income has no detail and the rest is far from thorough.

I look forward to the answers, particularly the one regards domain name and hosting considering that the average as per a quick Google search is 10/15 per ANNUM and we are paying 50 a month.


Your comparing an orange with an apple though, if you can get hosting etc for 10/15 per month that can host all the SPA leagues websites which the current one does then that would be fantastic. The hosting your referring to is what you would pay to host your own website, not the facility to host almost unlimited sub websites and domains.

I think the yearly cost is between 500-600 per year. And has been for the past 10 years or so


2 be honest mate I forgot about the sub-hosting thing I stand corrected, you can see my issue tho because this site is poor, its outdated and needs a refresh
 
Triumphant Return
Sting
General Member


Posts: 1498
Joined: 16.01.08
Location: Falkirk

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password



Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< July 2019 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31        
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

28/06/2019
How do i become an SPA Member?

22/06/2019
Where can I find dates/venue's for seniors tour? Thanks.

12/04/2019
Render time: 0.36 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 83,663,766 unique visits