20/10/2018 14:16
Navigation
· Home
· 2018 S15 Schedules
· Constitution
· Int. Selection Policy
· Playing Rules
· Drugs Policy
· Meetings
· Downloads
· SPA Contacts
· Site Rules
· Discussion Forum
· Contact Webteam
· Event Calendar (NEW)
IM Series
· 2018 IM Dates/Deadlines
· 2018 IM Area Draws
· 2018 IM Rankings
· 2017 IM Rankings
SPA Information
· 2018 Roll of Honour
· SPA Tour Rankings
· Ladies Tour
International Teams
· Mens
· Ladies
· Youths and Juniors
· Learning Difficulties
Member Leagues
· Affiliated Leagues
Other
· Photo Gallery
· Downloads
· Search
· Web Links
Users Online
· Guests Online: 31

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 2,193
· Newest Member: Dougied1982
Forum Threads
Newest Threads
· Scottish Seniors Cha...
· S15 Squads
· 2018 Scottish Master...
· 2018 S15'S fees Remi...
· 2017 Accounts
Hottest Threads
· An Invite from th... [1120]
· challenge match n... [637]
· Riley's £10000 am... [430]
· Last Movie you wa... [390]
The Scottish Pool Association Ľ General Ľ Super 15s
2018 S15's Draws & Schedules
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

  2018 S15's Draws & Schedules
by: FCBash, 15-09-2018 12:04 PM (#1)

The draws and schedules for the 2018 S15's Events can be found below:-

Premier Division (2nd-4th November)
http://www.scotti...isionA.htm


First Division (9th-11th November)
http://www.scotti...isionA.htm


Second Division (16th-18th November)
http://www.scotti...isionA.htm


Third Division (23rd-25th November)
http://www.scotti...isionA.htm


Playoffs (Sunday 7th October)
The draws and schedules for the playoff venues can be viewed using the links below:

Corner Pocket, Dalkieth
http://www.scotti...lkieth.htm

Players Lounge, Falkirk
http://www.scotti...alkirk.htm

Styx, Kirkcaldy
http://www.scotti...kcaldy.htm

Regards,
Michael
 
SPA IM Secretary
Arbroath & District Match Secretary
 
Edited by FCBash 1 week ago 10:21 PM
FCBash
General Member


Posts: 1747
Joined: 09.12.10
Location: Arbroath

RE: 2018 S15's Draws & Schedules
by: sweadie, 15-09-2018 07:39 PM (#2)

Why is falkirk c in players lounge again. Should they not be in anothee venue at playoffs
 
sweadie
sweadie



Posts: 72
Joined: 21.06.09
Location: Bellshill

RE: 2018 S15's Draws & Schedules
by: secretary, 15-09-2018 08:57 PM (#3)

sweadie wrote:
Why is falkirk c in players lounge again. Should they not be in anothee venue at playoffs


It;'s in the title

DRAW
secretary
General Member


Posts: 3250
Joined: 14.01.08
Location: Scotland

RE: 2018 S15's Draws & Schedules
by: davek75, 16-09-2018 01:33 PM (#4)

This playoff draw is absolutely crazy
1. 2 venues with 5 be 7pm finish
Styx be late night again
2. Surely cant be a random draw when everytime fife teams mostly emd up in kirkcaldy
3.why not 2venues of 8(2 qualifiers)
1 venue 6 (1 qualifier)
davek75
General Member


Posts: 88
Joined: 04.01.17

RE: 2018 S15's Draws & Schedules
by: FCBash, 16-09-2018 09:22 PM (#5)

sweadie wrote:
Why is falkirk c in players lounge again. Should they not be in anothee venue at playoffs


Its random for venue and opponents, which team goes where is all luck of the draw.
 
SPA IM Secretary
Arbroath & District Match Secretary
FCBash
General Member


Posts: 1747
Joined: 09.12.10
Location: Arbroath

RE: 2018 S15's Draws & Schedules
by: FCBash, 16-09-2018 09:25 PM (#6)

davek75 wrote:
This playoff draw is absolutely crazy
1. 2 venues with 5 be 7pm finish
Styx be late night again
2. Surely cant be a random draw when everytime fife teams mostly emd up in kirkcaldy
3.why not 2venues of 8(2 qualifiers)
1 venue 6 (1 qualifier)


Dave,

1. Styx wont be much later, it has a couple of extra rounds, but starting earlier.
2. I can assure you the draw is random, with Kirkcaldy hosting 12 teams and a healthy interest from the area of Fife it is inevitable that some of those teams will be playing there.
3. 2 venues of 8 wouldn't assist for timings. It would either be one group of 8, so 7 group matches. OR two groups of 4. Which doesn't offer much pool for the travelling teams.

Regards,
Michael
 
SPA IM Secretary
Arbroath & District Match Secretary
FCBash
General Member


Posts: 1747
Joined: 09.12.10
Location: Arbroath

RE: 2018 S15's Draws & Schedules
by: davek75, 17-09-2018 06:06 AM (#7)

Michael iv been at every qualifier and its been near 10pm everytime ...on sat there was 8 teams yes 9 frames instead of 15 but we had numerous breaks as using 3 tables per game it flew by so for me timing would go no problem ...i just find 4 games or 3 games if in groups of 4 aswell isnt that a difference either . For me it just doesnt seem fair at all that some teams are in a system completely different from others should all be equal
davek75
General Member


Posts: 88
Joined: 04.01.17

RE: 2018 S15's Draws & Schedules
by: davek75, 17-09-2018 06:20 AM (#8)

Also 2 posts put up previously stated
2 venues 1 with 12 teams 1 with 11 as it was assumed 23 teams
Then another post saying 3 venues 2 with 8 and 1 with 7
Now all of a sudden 2 with 5 and one with 12
davek75
General Member


Posts: 88
Joined: 04.01.17

RE: 2018 S15's Draws & Schedules
by: FCBash, 17-09-2018 07:10 AM (#9)

davek75 wrote:
Michael iv been at every qualifier and its been near 10pm everytime ...on sat there was 8 teams yes 9 frames instead of 15 but we had numerous breaks as using 3 tables per game it flew by so for me timing would go no problem ...i just find 4 games or 3 games if in groups of 4 aswell isnt that a difference either . For me it just doesnt seem fair at all that some teams are in a system completely different from others should all be equal


Dave,

But the teams aren't in different systems completely. It's as close to the same across the board as possible.

Essentially it's two groups of 5, and two groups of 6.

Regards,
 
SPA IM Secretary
Arbroath & District Match Secretary
FCBash
General Member


Posts: 1747
Joined: 09.12.10
Location: Arbroath

RE: 2018 S15's Draws & Schedules
by: FCBash, 17-09-2018 07:12 AM (#10)

davek75 wrote:
Also 2 posts put up previously stated
2 venues 1 with 12 teams 1 with 11 as it was assumed 23 teams
Then another post saying 3 venues 2 with 8 and 1 with 7
Now all of a sudden 2 with 5 and one with 12


Yes, but when we revised the venues to 3 previously, we had 3 qualifiers. The number of qualifiers has risen to 5 and we have had to work out a fairer way of splitting the qualifiers.
 
SPA IM Secretary
Arbroath & District Match Secretary
FCBash
General Member


Posts: 1747
Joined: 09.12.10
Location: Arbroath

RE: 2018 S15's Draws & Schedules
by: davek75, 17-09-2018 08:07 AM (#11)

Well its up to the exec m8 ...but a team having to win max 5 games to qualify and a team possibly having to win 7 isnt fair ... 2 8s and a 6 defo fairer than 2 5s and a 12 ...
davek75
General Member


Posts: 88
Joined: 04.01.17

RE: 2018 S15's Draws & Schedules
by: FlyingScotsman, 17-09-2018 11:04 AM (#12)

Listen, we have 22 teams with 5 qualifiers, we looked at what we thought was a fair way to do this and came up with the above.

Now no matter what you do as I have posted so many times before pool players always want it done their way.

We believe this is the best way.
FlyingScotsman



Posts: 10112
Joined: 10.01.08
Location: Dunfermline

RE: 2018 S15's Draws & Schedules
by: davek75, 17-09-2018 12:48 PM (#13)

Surely you can see this isnt fair ...yeah maybe easiest for venues travel etc but defo 100% itsnot fair every single team should have the same games to play a team can win 3games finish top so basically win 4 games qualify for pettycur where as a styx a team could win 5 group then win a quarter then lose 2semi so win 6 games and still not qualify . Longer day at styx aswell possibly 10hr again where as other 2 probable 7 hrs max .
davek75
General Member


Posts: 88
Joined: 04.01.17

RE: 2018 S15's Draws & Schedules
by: jimmyboco, 17-09-2018 11:24 PM (#14)

davek75 wrote:
Surely you can see this isnt fair ...yeah maybe easiest for venues travel etc but defo 100% itsnot fair every single team should have the same games to play a team can win 3games finish top so basically win 4 games qualify for pettycur where as a styx a team could win 5 group then win a quarter then lose 2semi so win 6 games and still not qualify . Longer day at styx aswell possibly 10hr again where as other 2 probable 7 hrs max .


I'm normally dead against things like this, however I think the SPA have got it right this time.

How else can you take 22 teams and make 5 qualifiers? Also I don't think maths here is your strongest point? You say a team can qualify playing 4 games but that is mathematically impossible in a group of 5 with the winner playing a final match.

Either the winner will play 4 group matches and a final (total 5 games), or 4 group matches, a play off and a final (total 6 games).

The guys at Styx play 5 group matches as they are in a group of 6, followed by 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3, then another match with the winners qualifying and the losers getting a 2nd chance, kinda like double Elim, so qualification is eitger 7 or 8 games.

I would like to hear how you proposed getting 22 teams and 5 qualifers split equally so they play the same amount of games as frankly, I think it's impossible, and my maths is better than yours.

Anyways, having done this a few times before, I would suggest channelling your energy into getting the team ready for the event and I wish you the best of luck in qualifying, unless you come across the Edinburgh D team, in which case I hope you get absolutely destroyed.
 
Former captain of the first E team to qualify for the Super 11s - Edinburgh E - 2016
jimmyboco
General Member


Posts: 172
Joined: 31.01.14
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 35

RE: 2018 S15's Draws & Schedules
by: jimmyboco, 17-09-2018 11:26 PM (#15)

davek75 wrote:
Well its up to the exec m8 ...but a team having to win max 5 games to qualify and a team possibly having to win 7 isnt fair ... 2 8s and a 6 defo fairer than 2 5s and a 12 ...


How do 5 teams qualify from that? The group of 6 play less games and that would be unfair.....tumble
 
Former captain of the first E team to qualify for the Super 11s - Edinburgh E - 2016
jimmyboco
General Member


Posts: 172
Joined: 31.01.14
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 35

RE: 2018 S15's Draws & Schedules
by: davek75, 18-09-2018 09:20 AM (#16)

jimmyboco wrote:
davek75 wrote:
Surely you can see this isnt fair ...yeah maybe easiest for venues travel etc but defo 100% itsnot fair every single team should have the same games to play a team can win 3games finish top so basically win 4 games qualify for pettycur where as a styx a team could win 5 group then win a quarter then lose 2semi so win 6 games and still not qualify . Longer day at styx aswell possibly 10hr again where as other 2 probable 7 hrs max .


I'm normally dead against things like this, however I think the SPA have got it right this time.



How else can you take 22 teams and make 5 qualifiers? Also I don't think maths here is your strongest point? You say a team can qualify playing 4 games but that is mathematically impossible in a group of 5 with the winner playing a final match.

Either the winner will play 4 group matches and a final (total 5 games), or 4 group matches, a play off and a final (total 6 games).

The guys at Styx play 5 group matches as they are in a group of 6, followed by 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3, then another match with the winners qualifying and the losers getting a 2nd chance, kinda like double Elim, so qualification is eitger 7 or 8 games.

I would like to hear how you proposed getting 22 teams and 5 qualifers split equally so they play the same amount of games as frankly, I think it's impossible, and my maths is better than yours.

Anyways, having done this a few times before, I would suggest channelling your energy into getting the team ready for the event and I wish you the best of luck in qualifying, unless you come across the Edinburgh D team, in which case I hope you get absolutely destroyed.



Maybe your maths is strong but obviously cant read i said a team only needs to win 4 not play 4 as a group of 5 win 3 top the group win a final ( 3+ 1 is 4 )
For the record i dont have a team so channelling no energy . Randomly draw 2 teams out go to pettycur then 3 venues 1 qualifier each venue anything could be done . I just think this way isnt fair at all
davek75
General Member


Posts: 88
Joined: 04.01.17

RE: 2018 S15's Draws & Schedules
by: jimmyboco, 18-09-2018 09:25 PM (#17)

davek75 wrote:
jimmyboco wrote:
davek75 wrote:
Surely you can see this isnt fair ...yeah maybe easiest for venues travel etc but defo 100% itsnot fair every single team should have the same games to play a team can win 3games finish top so basically win 4 games qualify for pettycur where as a styx a team could win 5 group then win a quarter then lose 2semi so win 6 games and still not qualify . Longer day at styx aswell possibly 10hr again where as other 2 probable 7 hrs max .


I'm normally dead against things like this, however I think the SPA have got it right this time.



How else can you take 22 teams and make 5 qualifiers? Also I don't think maths here is your strongest point? You say a team can qualify playing 4 games but that is mathematically impossible in a group of 5 with the winner playing a final match.

Either the winner will play 4 group matches and a final (total 5 games), or 4 group matches, a play off and a final (total 6 games).

The guys at Styx play 5 group matches as they are in a group of 6, followed by 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3, then another match with the winners qualifying and the losers getting a 2nd chance, kinda like double Elim, so qualification is eitger 7 or 8 games.

I would like to hear how you proposed getting 22 teams and 5 qualifers split equally so they play the same amount of games as frankly, I think it's impossible, and my maths is better than yours.

Anyways, having done this a few times before, I would suggest channelling your energy into getting the team ready for the event and I wish you the best of luck in qualifying, unless you come across the Edinburgh D team, in which case I hope you get absolutely destroyed.



Maybe your maths is strong but obviously cant read i said a team only needs to win 4 not play 4 as a group of 5 win 3 top the group win a final ( 3+ 1 is 4 )
For the record i dont have a team so channelling no energy . Randomly draw 2 teams out go to pettycur then 3 venues 1 qualifier each venue anything could be done . I just think this way isnt fair at all


Aye Am blind lol.

The ones that didn't get drawn out would kick off, would be even worse, think they have done the best they could with the situation. Actually never thought I would say that tbh
 
Former captain of the first E team to qualify for the Super 11s - Edinburgh E - 2016
jimmyboco
General Member


Posts: 172
Joined: 31.01.14
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 35

RE: 2018 S15's Draws & Schedules
by: FCBash, 23-09-2018 08:30 PM (#18)

The draws and schedules for the playoffs have now been added.
 
SPA IM Secretary
Arbroath & District Match Secretary
FCBash
General Member


Posts: 1747
Joined: 09.12.10
Location: Arbroath

RE: 2018 S15's Draws & Schedules
by: FCBash, 1 week ago 07:54 PM (#19)

Third Division schedule now online.
 
SPA IM Secretary
Arbroath & District Match Secretary
FCBash
General Member


Posts: 1747
Joined: 09.12.10
Location: Arbroath

RE: 2018 S15's Draws & Schedules
by: CPB_Captain, 1 week ago 09:00 PM (#20)

Thanks for the quick work Bash. Looking forward to this as always. Just a quick question, Iím sure I read somewhere that you guys were going to look into the schedule for these events as itís very lopsided. Group 1 times are great and Group 2 are a nightmare. First game and last game on the Saturday are 14 hours apart. Guys up from half 8 in the morning and they finish up for the day well after midnight. I know itís too late for this year but maybe something could be done for future events??
 
Chris Hutton
CPB_Captain
General Member


Posts: 154
Joined: 16.02.10
Location: Falkirk
Age: 33

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password



Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< October 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31        
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

15/10/2018
Anyone know if there is any provisional date for the super 11s premier next year?

27/09/2018
Cheers FCBash

23/09/2018
Trying to get it up and running - John working on it.

22/09/2018
Any streams for the ims today

21/09/2018
No dress code for the qualifiers Davy.

18/09/2018
I take it that their is no dress code for the 15s qualifiers folks

14/09/2018
Will the draw for 15s play-offs be done this week? Only 3 weeks away .

11/09/2018
Cheers bash, the deadline for Supers payments is now behind us, can't the draw be done sooner? Ta

10/09/2018
IM5 online now. Supers will likely be a couple of weeks

10/09/2018
When are IM5 and Super 15s playoff draws being announced? Cheers! Smile

Render time: 0.39 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 68,719,399 unique visits