· Last Movie you wa... [390]
The Scottish Pool Association » General » General
Supers Qualifying - Squad Size
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

Supers Qualifying - Squad Size
by: AllanONeil, 04-10-2018 03:12 PM (#1)

I have posted a comment yesterday on the "Cumbernauld Super 11b team situation" thread however, even with over 200 views of the thread since I posted the comment, not a single reply from anyone.

So here it is again and hopefully someone might be able to shed some light on this.

There doesn't seem to be a final decision on teams playing at the event and qualifying and subsequently making changes to that team that plays at Pettycur Bay. There are still grey areas which I wanted complete clarity on this before a ball is hit at the next qualifier for the 15's this weekend.

Was there an official ruling put in place for both Super 11's and Super 15's events that clearly states what is and what is not allowed in regards to player changes from qualifier to actual event?

By no means am I implying that Cumbernauld B are intending to change their players significantly nor do I believe that any other team in the qualifying event to change their players significantly to the actual event at Pettycur Bay if they were successful however, unforeseen circumstances do arise and then requisite changes are mandatory to ensure their place at the event is protected.

If the whole event starts at the qualifier stage then why are teams who are already in that division allowed right up to the event to make changes to their squad albeit not actually competed as of yet? I.E Hit a ball.

I think this makes it totally unfair and mere impossible for any team that are trying to qualify actually make it into the division.

What I understand is:
Super 11’s event = Max 15 players
Super 15’s event = Max 18 players

The above are the rules to squad size and these are being enforced onto the qualifying event. Although the 15’s have 1 less “reserve”, there is more scope of players possibility of dropping out for various unforeseen circumstances.

Surely there must be a precedence set if this is the ruling we are going by. Set the precedence where by ALL teams currently in the division have to submit their squad at the deadline set for the teams that need to qualify. This makes it an even playing field and I can absolutely guarantee that there will be an up-roar on how this is un-acceptable and impossible to achieve and possibly as a result, losing teams.

Or set a maximum number of allowed changes which can be class as a “qualifying rule only”. This rule would allow teams to make the necessary changes to their team in the event of players who played in the qualifying event but can no longer make the actual event. The number of changes will need to be proposed, seconded and voted on by the SPA members at one of the bi-monthly meetings or at the AGM if need be.

I am not trying to cause unrest but seeking transparency in the calm before the storm so that we know what to do if such a situation were to arise (again).

I hope the Exec can respond to this so we can ensure no rules are broken or bent at any future events.

Thanks.

Partyboy

Edited by AllanONeil 04-10-2018 03:13 PM
AllanONeil
General Member

RE: Supers Qualifying - Squad Size
by: FCBash, 05-10-2018 06:29 PM (#2)

Allan,

In short this has not been resolved completely. We have had discussions at Exec level regarding this but we still do not have a final proposal.

In the interim, we have agreed that we will monitor squads and changes to those squads from playoffs to weekend events. We understand the constraints of trying to pick a squad for the playoffs and that some players have to change for unseen circumstances.

That said, we do note that any team that qualifies should understand that changes to their squads cannot and will not be wholesale. As a guide, I'd suggest no more than four changes to squad personnel could be acceptable, any more than this, then it may become a concern.

Regards,
Michael

SPA IM Secretary
Arbroath & District Match Secretary
FCBash
General Member

by: AllanONeil, 05-10-2018 11:43 PM (#3)

I appreciate the reply Michael, this does clear things up a little bit knowing it’s on the Execs radar and also good to know there hasn’t been a final decision on the matter and I haven’t missed the comms on it.

Again, Cumbernauld have no intentions of making significant changes to their squad or do I believe other team will should they be lucky enough to qualify but if the situation arose and changes needed to be made, I wanted to know what the “rule” was on this as I know it was a hot topic from the 11’s qualifier.

Thanks again Michael, top job as always mate.

P.s. I’m not involved with the B-Team selection or playing in the event. I’m just asking the questions for my area Grin

Partyboy

Edited by AllanONeil 05-10-2018 11:54 PM
AllanONeil
General Member

by: sweadie, 1 week ago 04:51 PM (#4)

Is there a dress code at the qualifiers on sunday

sweadie
sweadie

by: secretary, 1 week ago 09:32 PM (#5)

sweadie wrote:
Is there a dress code at the qualifiers on sunday

No
secretary
General Member

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< October 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31        
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

15/10/2018
Anyone know if there is any provisional date for the super 11s premier next year?

27/09/2018
Cheers FCBash

23/09/2018
Trying to get it up and running - John working on it.

22/09/2018
Any streams for the ims today

21/09/2018
No dress code for the qualifiers Davy.

18/09/2018
I take it that their is no dress code for the 15s qualifiers folks

14/09/2018
Will the draw for 15s play-offs be done this week? Only 3 weeks away .

11/09/2018
Cheers bash, the deadline for Supers payments is now behind us, can't the draw be done sooner? Ta

10/09/2018
IM5 online now. Supers will likely be a couple of weeks

10/09/2018
When are IM5 and Super 15s playoff draws being announced? Cheers! Smile

Render time: 0.23 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 68,719,488 unique visits