· Last Movie you wa... [390]
The Scottish Pool Association Ľ General Ľ Super 15s
S15 Play Off - Qualifiers
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

S15 Play Off - Qualifiers
by: yvonne_ewing, 1 week ago 05:01 PM (#1)

Qualifier from Corner Pocket, Dalkeith: Kilmarnock C
Defeated Midlothian C 8 - 3 in the final.
yvonne_ewing
General Member

RE: S15 Play Off - Qualifiers
by: allan1968, 1 week ago 05:03 PM (#2)

Well done Kilmarnock C
allan1968
General Member

by: dishoftheday, 1 week ago 07:17 PM (#3)

Congratulations to Falkirk C who defeated Clydebank B 8-4 in the final.
dishoftheday

by: secretary, 1 week ago 11:00 PM (#4)

Congratulations

Kirkcaldy B 8eat Dundee C 8:6

Coatbridge B beat Cowdenbeath B 8:6

Dundee C beat Cowdenbeath 8:6
secretary
General Member

by: davek75, 1 week ago 06:23 AM (#5)

Well done to the 5 qualifiers
Everything i argued about this system came true
I must be a mind reader 1 venue finish at 5 1 at 7 and again styx marathon 13 hrs the most unfair system iv seen
davek75
General Member

by: FCBash, 1 week ago 07:08 AM (#6)

davek75 wrote:
I must be a mind reader 1 venue finish at 5 1 at 7 and again styx marathon 13 hrs the most unfair system iv seen

Dave,

I think your comment is a bit misleading. A venue finishing at 5pm, perhaps that was the case, but there was only 4 teams at that venue due to a late call off. So that was always going to contribute to that venue finishing earlier.

The venue finishing at 7pm, earlier than planned, perhaps more tables were used during the group and knockout phases.

Kirkcaldy, I'm not sure why, but seems to have over-run, but that was the downside of having more teams at that venue. Less tables available during each match etc. The upside was that there were more qualification places available, which offset against the added time. I really don't think it is unfair by any stretch of the imagination.

We'll go round in circles all day arguing about this. I think this was the correct way to do the qualifiers, you don't. I can accept that.

Regards,
Michael

SPA IM Secretary
Arbroath & District Match Secretary
FCBash
General Member

by: davek75, 1 week ago 12:18 PM (#7)

Every time at a 12 team qualifier in styx its that tume finish michael ...2 tables per game 4 tables in ko so plenty table usage ...yes yous disagree i get that surelyfor future as it keeps growing things like this can be brought back in to the fold
davek75
General Member

by: Silky198, 1 week ago 03:45 PM (#8)

Can I ask when has the money to be paid for Kirkcaldy B after qualifying yesterday?, if someone can advise, thanks.
Silky198

by: davy2shots, 1 week ago 04:31 PM (#9)

FCBash wrote:
davek75 wrote:

Dave,

I think your comment is a bit misleading. A venue finishing at 5pm, perhaps that was the case, but there was only 4 teams at that venue due to a late call off. So that was always going to contribute to that venue finishing earlier.

The venue finishing at 7pm, earlier than planned, perhaps more tables were used during the group and knockout phases.

Kirkcaldy, I'm not sure why, but seems to have over-run, but that was the downside of having more teams at that venue. Less tables available during each match etc. The upside was that there were more qualification places available, which offset against the added time. I really don't think it is unfair by any stretch of the imagination.

We'll go round in circles all day arguing about this. I think this was the correct way to do the qualifiers, you don't. I can accept that.

Regards,
Michael

I agree with Davek. 8 games for Dundee C to qualify. 5 games for Falkirk C and 4 games for Kilmarnock C doesn't seem like a fair system. Really needs looked at again.
Ps. Well done to all teams that qualified.

Edited by davy2shots 1 week ago 06:41 PM
davy2shots
General Member

by: beearraydee, 1 week ago 06:32 PM (#10)

davy2shots wrote:
FCBash wrote:
davek75 wrote:

Dave,

Regards,
Michael

I agree with Davek. 8 games for Dundee C to qualify. 5 games for Falkirk C and 4 games for Kilmarnock B doesn't seem like a fair system. Really needs looked at again.

Possibly a little bit biased here, but Edinburgh D won 5 matches in a row and got put out. How is it fair that we won more matches in a row than Kilmarnock B played in TOTAL and they went through?
beearraydee
General Member

by: garyc, 1 week ago 06:35 PM (#11)

Kilmarnock C played 5 games and won 5. 4 frames at the most dropped in any match. More than worthy of their place.

And the B team won the 3rd division last year so have nothing to do with it.

Edited by garyc 1 week ago 06:37 PM
garyc
General Member

by: davy2shots, 1 week ago 06:45 PM (#12)

garyc wrote:
Kilmarnock C played 5 games and won 5. 4 frames at the most dropped in any match. More than worthy of their place.

It's not the point on who qualified, it's the process of qualifying we are on about. As Edinburgh D said they won 5 games and got punted out. Styx qualifiers had to play more games to get through. How is that fair? All the best to Killie at the finals.
davy2shots
General Member

by: garyc, 1 week ago 07:07 PM (#13)

davy2shots wrote:
garyc wrote:

It's not the point on who qualified, it's the process of qualifying we are on about. As Edinburgh D said they won 5 games and got punted out. Styx qualifiers had to play more games to get through. How is that fair? All the best to Killie at the finals.

Kilmarnock also won 5 games. A team can finish 4th in a group having only won 2 games but go on and win a supers event. It also canít be helped if a team doesnít turn up.
garyc
General Member

by: FCBash, 1 week ago 07:43 PM (#14)

davek75 wrote:
Every time at a 12 team qualifier in styx its that tume finish michael ...2 tables per game 4 tables in ko so plenty table usage ...yes yous disagree i get that surelyfor future as it keeps growing things like this can be brought back in to the fold

Dave, I understand the timing issue. I usually TD at these events and they are long days. Challenging for the players involved, I get that. My comment relating to tables was meant by the fact that in the other venues they may have used 3 tables for group games rather than 2, thus helping with timings etc. With the teams and format there is no way of using more than 2 tables at Styx when matches commence.

SPA IM Secretary
FCBash
General Member

by: FCBash, 1 week ago 07:44 PM (#15)

Silky198 wrote:
Can I ask when has the money to be paid for Kirkcaldy B after qualifying yesterday?, if someone can advise, thanks.

Each of the teams that qualified have 2 weeks from yesterday to make full payment, so payment deadline of Sunday 21st October. I shall also write to the Area Rep for each area to inform them of this to ensure everyone is aware.

Regards

SPA IM Secretary
FCBash
General Member

by: FCBash, 1 week ago 07:47 PM (#16)

davy2shots wrote:
I agree with Davek. 8 games for Dundee C to qualify. 5 games for Falkirk C and 4 games for Kilmarnock C doesn't seem like a fair system. Really needs looked at again.

Statistically the teams at Styx had a greater chance of qualifying (2 spaces from 12 teams, resulting in 1 in 4). The other two venues were 1 in 5 (if all teams had turned up). The additional games being played were a result of larger group sections and an additional knockout game, so 4 teams got two chances to qualify, which is to be considered as an offset against the time playing.

SPA IM Secretary
FCBash
General Member

by: FCBash, 1 week ago 07:49 PM (#17)

beearraydee wrote:
Possibly a little bit biased here, but Edinburgh D won 5 matches in a row and got put out. How is it fair that we won more matches in a row than Kilmarnock B played in TOTAL and they went through?

Edinburgh D had a larger group than Kilmarnock for a start. Edinburgh D had a greater chance of qualifying than Kilmarnock did, all positives which counter the negatives.

SPA IM Secretary

Edited by FCBash 1 week ago 07:51 PM
FCBash
General Member

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< October 2018 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31        
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

15/10/2018
Anyone know if there is any provisional date for the super 11s premier next year?

27/09/2018
Cheers FCBash

23/09/2018
Trying to get it up and running - John working on it.

22/09/2018
Any streams for the ims today

21/09/2018
No dress code for the qualifiers Davy.

18/09/2018
I take it that their is no dress code for the 15s qualifiers folks

14/09/2018
Will the draw for 15s play-offs be done this week? Only 3 weeks away .

11/09/2018
Cheers bash, the deadline for Supers payments is now behind us, can't the draw be done sooner? Ta

10/09/2018
IM5 online now. Supers will likely be a couple of weeks

10/09/2018
When are IM5 and Super 15s playoff draws being announced? Cheers! Smile

Render time: 0.39 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 68,719,531 unique visits