The Scottish Pool Association Ľ General Ľ Super 11s
S11 Playoffs : Membership Fees
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

S11 Playoffs : Membership Fees
by: FCBash, 09-01-2019 01:15 PM (#1)

FAO Team Captains of teams competing at the S11 Playoffs on Sunday 20th January.

As you are aware, the SPA now has a £5 membership fee applicable to all players that play in SPA competitions.

This also applies to those players that will participate in the upcoming S11 Playoffs.

To ensure adequate time for cross referencing and checking, payments for players and squad lists must be received no later than midnight of this coming Sunday, 13th January 2019. Should players withdraw in the week leading up to the event then they will have the opportunity to have their membership refunded.

Squad lists should be submitted to spa-im@hotmail.co.uk and ccíd to Yvonne_227@msn.com and payment sent to the SPA Events Account. Details below:-

Bank of Scotland: SPA Events Account
Sort Code: 80-09-72
Account No: 06001014

Regards,
Michael

SPA IM Secretary
Arbroath & District Match Secretary

Edited by FCBash 09-01-2019 01:16 PM
FCBash
General Member

RE: S11 Playoffs : Membership Fees
by: Macleod00, 09-01-2019 06:10 PM (#2)

Nice wee money spinner here then. This additional cash is being spent on junior development yes?? Just so I am clear with the guys that need to pay... hmm
Macleod00
General Member

by: secretary, 10-01-2019 12:00 AM (#3)

Macleod00 wrote:
Nice wee money spinner here then. This additional cash is being spent on junior development yes?? Just so I am clear with the guys that need to pay... hmm

The extra cash will have to cover the fact that leagues no longer pay £50 affiliation fees.

The SPA have some expenses, plus membership to the EBA and BI to consider.

40+ leagues NOT paying affiliation fees leaves the SPA at least £2000 short on running costs
secretary
General Member

by: FCBash, 10-01-2019 07:38 AM (#4)

Macleod00 wrote:

A nice wee money spinner that was proposed by the members, and voted on by the members.

With the revenue raised there will be various avenues the monies will go towards. As Davie has already said, there will be a shortfall in the SPA monies through the area affiliations now being only £5 rather than £50, so this will be recovered from the membership fees.

The rest of the monies will spent on what the members wish. Any member with a proposal for expenditure should submit this to their area rep, who in turn, can bring it to any SPA meeting and raise it there for consideration. However, funds will not be directed to any international assistance as there is already a separate funding issue for that.

It is considered that a lions share of the monies raised through the membership fees will be reinvested through youth development or similar activities, but again, ultimately, this will be up to the members to decide.

Regards,
Michael

SPA IM Secretary
FCBash
General Member

by: Macleod00, 10-01-2019 07:43 AM (#5)

Well our league players are already paying the SPA £120 in individual affiliations which would have only cost the league £50 last year. By my count there are 120 teams in the Super 11s meaning thatís 1320ish players paying a fiver each. If you do the maths it would appear Ďa nice wee money spinnerí is quite accurate. Unless I am missing something... confused
Macleod00
General Member

by: FCBash, 10-01-2019 07:56 AM (#6)

Macleod00 wrote:
Well our league players are already paying the SPA £120 in individual affiliations which would have only cost the league £50 last year. By my count there are 120 teams in the Super 11s meaning thatís 1320ish players paying a fiver each. If you do the maths it would appear Ďa nice wee money spinnerí is quite accurate. Unless I am missing something... confused

You're entitled to your opinion and I have no issue with that. I didn't agree or disagree with you.

My point of view though, my own personal opinion, is that 'a nice we money spinner' is often related to something underhand, so I don't agree with it's use in this context.

This is an initiative proposed by the SPA Members, voted on accordingly. All the Exec are doing now is implementing those wishes.

SPA IM Secretary
FCBash
General Member

by: Macleod00, 10-01-2019 09:59 AM (#7)

FCBash wrote:
Macleod00 wrote:

You're entitled to your opinion and I have no issue with that. I didn't agree or disagree with you.

My point of view though, my own personal opinion, is that 'a nice we money spinner' is often related to something underhand, so I don't agree with it's use in this context.

This is an initiative proposed by the SPA Members, voted on accordingly. All the Exec are doing now is implementing those wishes.

I believe there is quite a balance already in the SPA account that will only be added to with the additional money raised here. Have there been any suggestions as to how to spend the money received? Is there criteria for reps to look at that a bid/proposal would need to meet in order to be considered by the SPA?
Macleod00
General Member

by: TNT, 10-01-2019 12:23 PM (#8)

Fiver sent for one outstanding player in Dundee D squad who isnít registered.

Div 1 Super 11s Champions 2017 - Dundee A
Div 3 Super 11s Champions 2018 - Dundee B

Dave McLaren
SPA Referee
TNT
General Member

by: mistert62, 10-01-2019 08:16 PM (#9)

Cowdenbeath area Membership fees.

1/ Ryan Campbell
2/ John Gilchrist
3/ John King
4/ Paul McMillan
5/ Dru Lockhart
6/ Mark McDonald
7/ Lee Adamson
8/ Colin Park
9/ Nicolas Hamilton
10/ Thomas Murphy
11/ Sammy White
12/ Scott Graham
13/ Ryan Hayden
14/ Daniel Sinclair
15/ Gordon Brown
16/ Greg Hatten
17/ Ross Graham
18/ Craig Ferguson
19/ Kerr White
20/ David Herd
21/ Paul McKee
22/ Charlie Bradburn
23/ Colin Douglas
24 Stevie Marshall 24 players =£120.00 fees paid into account at 10.58. 11-01-19.

B Thomson

Edited by mistert62 11-01-2019 01:58 PM
mistert62
General Member

by: Macleod00, 11-01-2019 06:28 PM (#10)

£55 sent over for 11 players. £5 already paid for player competing in Willie McCartney. Reference Forres B - affiliations.
Macleod00
General Member

by: davek75, 12-01-2019 01:06 PM (#11)

Remaining 6 from West Fife b team paid today £30
davek75
General Member

by: knowledge, 12-01-2019 04:50 PM (#12)

Macleod00 wrote:
FCBash wrote:
Macleod00 wrote:

I believe there is quite a balance already in the SPA account that will only be added to with the additional money raised here. Have there been any suggestions as to how to spend the money received? Is there criteria for reps to look at that a bid/proposal would need to meet in order to be considered by the SPA?

There is no criteria. Ideally the reps should rule out anything idiotic to save time at meetings. It is not unheard of for idiotic proposals to receive a seconder, be voted through and set the organisation back.

Nobody is being forced to pay the fiver and although possibly from a biased point of view I do feel that those who pay the fiver will receive at least a fivers worth of value from the SPA.

I wholeheartedly agree it is a "nice wee money spinner", I proposed it first about fifteen years ago and the SPA would have had in the region of an extra £40-60K through our coffers had it been taken up.

Obviously the usual parasites would have got their bit but I think there is a good chance we would be well on our way to having a venue of our own by now. In which we could have had an academy, a centre of excellence, held finals, money matches and generally grown the game.

I am glad to see the members having an interest in this and would urge that they keep a close eye to see who has their mitts out for this money and to ensure it is spent wisely.

The interest in meetings and the decision making process has dwindled in recent years and given how shambolic some of the stuff has been I am not surprised. Money is always a hot topic and hopefully these fivers will kindle a bit of interest in the hearts of some members who can help the organisation. I know you are out there flower

Edited by knowledge 12-01-2019 04:51 PM
knowledge
General Member

by: garyc, 12-01-2019 05:30 PM (#13)

Killie D fee paid tonight. £60 paid in from G Cunningham account. Reference Killie D Player Fee
garyc
General Member

by: Macleod00, 12-01-2019 05:36 PM (#14)

knowledge wrote:
Macleod00 wrote:
FCBash wrote:
Macleod00 wrote:

There is no criteria. Ideally the reps should rule out anything idiotic to save time at meetings. It is not unheard of for idiotic proposals to receive a seconder, be voted through and set the organisation back.

Nobody is being forced to pay the fiver and although possibly from a biased point of view I do feel that those who pay the fiver will receive at least a fivers worth of value from the SPA.

I wholeheartedly agree it is a "nice wee money spinner", I proposed it first about fifteen years ago and the SPA would have had in the region of an extra £40-60K through our coffers had it been taken up.

Obviously the usual parasites would have got their bit but I think there is a good chance we would be well on our way to having a venue of our own by now. In which we could have had an academy, a centre of excellence, held finals, money matches and generally grown the game.

I am glad to see the members having an interest in this and would urge that they keep a close eye to see who has their mitts out for this money and to ensure it is spent wisely.

The interest in meetings and the decision making process has dwindled in recent years and given how shambolic some of the stuff has been I am not surprised. Money is always a hot topic and hopefully these fivers will kindle a bit of interest in the hearts of some members who can help the organisation. I know you are out there flower

Thank you for coming back to me and for the additional detail - this is a very helpful post which hasnít really been the norm on here of late. Perhaps folk are a bit tired at this time of year?

I have been speaking to a number of like minded individuals in the North of Scotland regarding a potential proposal. It would be great to see some of the money redistributed into an area of the country that traditionally hasnít seen a great deal of investment as regards cuesports...

Edited by Macleod00 12-01-2019 05:37 PM
Macleod00
General Member

by: garyc, 12-01-2019 05:42 PM (#15)

Apologies. I paid ours quickly not realising some of the boys had already paid through their IMís. 7 have already paid which means we were only due 5 payments. Would it be possible for the other £35 to be paid back into my account or picked up at the qualifiers next week?

Thanks.
garyc
General Member

by: Davy watson, 12-01-2019 06:43 PM (#16)

Hi folks just a quick question why can't we pay the £5 fees on the day of the play offs. Davy watson east ayrshire and District C

David watson
Davy watson
General Member

by: yvonne_ewing, 12-01-2019 10:48 PM (#17)

Davy watson wrote:
Hi folks just a quick question why can't we pay the £5 fees on the day of the play offs. Davy watson east ayrshire and District C

Davy, the TD's at events will be mega busy and by naming squads and paying the membership fee in advance saves them some time and work at the play-off. All players have to have paid their membership fee in advance of playing in an SPA event.

Hope this helps.
yvonne_ewing
General Member

by: joefoley, 13-01-2019 12:01 AM (#18)

Coatbridge membership fees
£60 sent earlier today by bank transfer
Ref COATBRIDGE FEES
( B team)
John Molloy
Barry Mcveigh
Mick Cunningham
Des Larkin
David Mcfadyen
(C team)
James Fleming
Paul Mcneil
Jim Fraser
Stevo Obyrne (sent individualy by player ref S.P.A membership)
D team
Dan Thomson
Stuart Tippen
David Molloy
Neil Fern

Cheers

pint

Edited by joefoley 13-01-2019 12:07 AM
joefoley
General Member

by: young-gun1, 13-01-2019 04:59 PM (#19)

Email and money sent

Graeme Hay
Ayr and District League Treasurer 2017/18
IM Rep 2018
young-gun1
General Member

by: knowledge, 13-01-2019 06:22 PM (#20)

Macleod00 wrote:
knowledge wrote:
Macleod00 wrote:
FCBash wrote:
Macleod00 wrote:

Thank you for coming back to me and for the additional detail - this is a very helpful post which hasnít really been the norm on here of late. Perhaps folk are a bit tired at this time of year?

I have been speaking to a number of like minded individuals in the North of Scotland regarding a potential proposal. It would be great to see some of the money redistributed into an area of the country that traditionally hasnít seen a great deal of investment as regards cuesports...

I look forward to that, the north has been a great addition to the SPA in terms of quality on the table and I know there is no lack of enthusiasm up there.
knowledge
General Member

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< February 2019 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28      
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

11/03/2019
Done asap? Timescale for asap? The entry deadline was less than 24 hours ago!!!!!!!!

11/03/2019
If there is some going to Dalkeith for seniors on Sunday the draw should be done asap

21/02/2019
Cruickie, you'd be best speaking to our Promoter, Ross McInnes, about tour events in your area.

21/02/2019
Would the SPA consider a tour in Aberdeen in the future? Of some sort

08/01/2019
Would appreciate it if you could post 2014 Super 15 Stats 2nd division...cant seem to find them.

06/01/2019
Pm for David Duncan

03/01/2019
When is the draw for im1 being posted ?

28/12/2018
Cheers FCBash

27/12/2018
Can somebody tell me where i can find 2017 super 11s player stats? Cant find them in the Super 11s folder only team results....

07/12/2018
Bash sent you a pm

Render time: 0.39 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 78,697,216 unique visits