· Last Movie you wa... [390]
The Scottish Pool Association Ľ General Ľ SPA Announcements
Super 11s 2020
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

Super 11s 2020
by: FlyingScotsman, 1 week ago 10:41 AM (#1)

This year as in most years I have tried to look at all events along with getting whatever dates the venue can give me, before setting out the dates for each division, the reason quite simple, we have so many events now a days for our top players anyway, I did not want them to miss out on representing their leagues at the Super events.

However this year has shown me that its to unfair on the vast majority of the players attending the Supers to try and look after about 20 odd players out of 1200,[who to be very honest now a days, a lot of these players are not really interested in representing their leagues] by bringing the Super 11s to the beginning of February.

So next year the only event/s I will be looking out for are our International events, where our managers will be wanting to select our best players to represent them and that will mean I can at least take whatever available dates later in February/March and April for the Super 11s, which hopefully will mean not only better weather but also give the leagues more time to select and posts their players names etc.

That will also go for the rest of the SPA events as well, it was ok when I had to look at just the IPA but now we have this or that event event for all the pro or top players that, it then limits me to certain dates which again is unfair to the majority of the players who make up the SPA events.
FlyingScotsman

RE: Super 11s 2020
by: 2fast2furious, 1 week ago 11:18 AM (#2)

If as you say Ross you are acting in the best interests of the many then we should be looking at the venue for the 11s and 15s, The Bay hotel is now full every time as the Caravans are a disgrace which is costing approx £180 extra for players hence why some guys are now not bothering to attend. I would not take a dog to the vans at the top of the hill let alone people and nothing has been done about it. A player from our team took a picture of cockroaches on one of the beds and never got the option to move vans.
2fast2furious

by: FlyingScotsman, 1 week ago 11:59 AM (#3)

Its always going to be a problem with the amount of good caravans that PB can supply us with but I have tried other caravan locations and to be very honest with you here we dont have a great deal of options in Scotland at all.

I will be putting a proposal forward at the AGM to reduce the size of the Super teams along with not allowing extra caravans to be allocated , this way after my talk with PB we could at least cut down on most of the caravans not good enough for our players.

PB allocate a number of vans so that if something is wrong they will move them, not saying they would move to much better ones but they will be moved.

I know that some of these caravans are just not good enough, so I cannot defend that but if I get my changes to reduce the sizes of the teams, then as I said that way most of the bad ones will not be used.

Looked at one site which was really good, the playing area could take 8 tables but the price rise needed would double what we are paying at this time, will also put that forward as a proposal as well.
FlyingScotsman

by: 2fast2furious, 1 week ago 12:26 PM (#4)

What happened to Craig tara Ross ? Is it a money issue or do they just not want us there
2fast2furious

by: beearraydee, 1 week ago 01:37 PM (#5)

FlyingScotsman wrote:

I will be putting a proposal forward at the AGM to reduce the size of the Super teams along with not allowing extra caravans to be allocated , this way after my talk with PB we could at least cut down on most of the caravans not good enough for our players.

It's great to see some forward looking dialogue on this; it's long overdue!

It's encouraging that you're looking at options Ross, something that is needed, but in my opinion this is a completely backwards step what you'll be proposing. The net result of that proposal would mean that only the very best players from each area would realistically get an opportunity to play in the Supers events. It is stated on the main page of this website that:

"The SPA administer a series of individual and team events for players of all abilities."

By proposing this change, you're no longer holding a team event for players of all abilities; just the elite.

I agree the caravans are a disgrace, nobody seems to disagree with that. But surely you must be able to find another solution. Perhaps members would be ok with spending double the amount to get a decent caravan at a better venue? Have you looked at the option of hotels with function suites? Have it in a city and there will be virtually endless possibilities for accommodation.

Reducing team sizes is completely the wrong solution to this problem, I would hope that you continue to explore alternatives.

Cheers.
beearraydee
General Member

by: FlyingScotsman, 1 week ago 02:24 PM (#6)

Sorry I don't mean reduce the team sizes a when I asked that before I was told in no uncertain way, no chance from the reps, so that's a no goer.

What I mean is to take the amount of teams to PB, change the formats, so that I am only taking 40 caravans and that way after taking to PB we can make sure that they have enough caravans that are not that bad.

Over the course of the years since we have changed to PB as our only Super venue, they have gradually updated their fleet, using less and less bad caravans but its taking to long as more and more want extra ones, as you can see from teams taking more players.

I would like to the the Super 11s back to a maximum of just 12 players, again that way it helps the caravans but since we increased them to allowing up to 15 a good number have added players right up to that number and of course we need more.

Also may i add that players moan about a £3 rise, first one in years, so asking them to pay double, I think would be a no goer as well.

Edited by FlyingScotsman 1 week ago 02:33 PM
FlyingScotsman

by: beearraydee, 1 week ago 06:38 PM (#7)

Cheers for the clarification but a team of 12 still needs 3 caravans. There is no way on this earth that those caravans can sleep 6 people comfortably....
beearraydee
General Member

by: geegee1984, 1 week ago 07:11 PM (#8)

Iíve been critical of PB but from where all our vans were allocated it looked like PB have been investing in vans as well as there lounge area
geegee1984
General Member

by: FlyingScotsman, 1 week ago 08:23 PM (#9)

They are but not quick enough.
FlyingScotsman

by: geegee1984, 1 week ago 08:59 PM (#10)

Also agree itís unrealistic expect 6 grown men to spend a weekend in the van with 2 of the guys sleeping on corner couches
geegee1984
General Member

by: 8ballchick, 1 week ago 12:17 PM (#11)

FlyingScotsman wrote:
Sorry I don't mean reduce the team sizes a when I asked that before I was told in no uncertain way, no chance from the reps, so that's a no goer.

What I mean is to take the amount of teams to PB, change the formats, so that I am only taking 40 caravans and that way after taking to PB we can make sure that they have enough caravans that are not that bad.

Over the course of the years since we have changed to PB as our only Super venue, they have gradually updated their fleet, using less and less bad caravans but its taking to long as more and more want extra ones, as you can see from teams taking more players.

I would like to the the Super 11s back to a maximum of just 12 players, again that way it helps the caravans but since we increased them to allowing up to 15 a good number have added players right up to that number and of course we need more.

Also may i add that players moan about a £3 rise, first one in years, so asking them to pay double, I think would be a no goer as well.

Its not the number of players being the reason teams are buying extra vans its giving players a proper bed. Asking grown men to share the double is one thing but asking them to share what is supposed to be a double in lounge is another as that's more a queen size bed than double and most guys end up just sleep on the couches which isn't the most comfortable of places to sleep. By players paying an extra 10/15 each it spreads the teams out so that the lounge keeps free and everyone gets a proper bed. That's why people are buying extras not additional players.
8ballchick

by: Sting, 1 week ago 01:07 PM (#12)

Ross you cannot be serious about not allocating extra vans, we always take xtra vans as those vans are simply not adequate for 6 people the can have 4 people max.

Triumphant Return
Sting
General Member

by: Gerryb, 1 week ago 01:22 PM (#13)

Sting wrote:
Ross you cannot be serious about not allocating extra vans, we always take xtra vans as those vans are simply not adequate for 6 people the can have 4 people max.

I think Ross has to share one of the basic caravans with 5 other people to appreciate this Shock
Gerryb
General Member

by: Gerryb, 1 week ago 01:24 PM (#14)

8ballchick wrote:
FlyingScotsman wrote:

Its not the number of players being the reason teams are buying extra vans its giving players a proper bed. Asking grown men to share the double is one thing but asking them to share what is supposed to be a double in lounge is another as that's more a queen size bed than double and most guys end up just sleep on the couches which isn't the most comfortable of places to sleep. By players paying an extra 10/15 each it spreads the teams out so that the lounge keeps free and everyone gets a proper bed. That's why people are buying extras not additional players.

Increasingly players are taking th hotel rooms because of this. Most would be happy to pay a wee bit extra for comfort overall though.

Edited by Gerryb 1 week ago 01:24 PM
Gerryb
General Member

by: daz1982, 1 week ago 09:35 PM (#15)

What about giving us the option of staying in hotel and not having to pay for caravan and hotel

Uddingston Till I die
daz1982
General Member

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< March 2019 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

11/03/2019
Done asap? Timescale for asap? The entry deadline was less than 24 hours ago!!!!!!!!

11/03/2019
If there is some going to Dalkeith for seniors on Sunday the draw should be done asap

21/02/2019
Cruickie, you'd be best speaking to our Promoter, Ross McInnes, about tour events in your area.

21/02/2019
Would the SPA consider a tour in Aberdeen in the future? Of some sort

08/01/2019
Would appreciate it if you could post 2014 Super 15 Stats 2nd division...cant seem to find them.

06/01/2019
Pm for David Duncan

03/01/2019
When is the draw for im1 being posted ?

28/12/2018
Cheers FCBash

27/12/2018
Can somebody tell me where i can find 2017 super 11s player stats? Cant find them in the Super 11s folder only team results....

07/12/2018
Bash sent you a pm

Render time: 0.33 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 79,004,966 unique visits