· Last Movie you wa... [390]
The Scottish Pool Association » General » SPA Announcements
Erlend Barlas Regional Championships 2019
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

Erlend Barlas Regional Championships 2019
by: knowledge, 28-07-2019 10:21 PM (#41)

geegee1984 wrote:
I couldn’t even tell you who was representing my region

Not many Edinburgh players by the looks of things. No way of knowing who refused of course.
knowledge
General Member

RE: Erlend Barlas Regional Championships 2019
by: chris s, 29-07-2019 03:37 PM (#42)

At least you had players representing your area...
chris s
General Member

by: Sting, 29-07-2019 03:40 PM (#43)

knowledge wrote:
An absolute embarrassment that there are no official scores on here or Facebook for this event.

I cannot believe that you are shocked by this, communication from the governing body is shocking, the streaming is a major step forward but they cannot update the official website. When this is brought up all you get is, its on the app.

They should be updating this website, the FB page and promoting the stream to showcase the event, it is not difficult.

Triumphant Return
Sting
General Member

by: davy2shots, 29-07-2019 05:44 PM (#44)

Sting wrote:
knowledge wrote:
An absolute embarrassment that there are no official scores on here or Facebook for this event.

I cannot believe that you are shocked by this, communication from the governing body is shocking, the streaming is a major step forward but they cannot update the official website. When this is brought up all you get is, its on the app.

They should be updating this website, the FB page and promoting the stream to showcase the event, it is not difficult.

So who actually won? Doesn't tell you on the app either. Sakes!!
davy2shots
General Member

by: knowledge, 29-07-2019 06:49 PM (#45)

Sting wrote:
knowledge wrote:

I am shocked because this is supposed to be a memorial to a man who worked very hard for the SPA, if I was his family I'd want his name taken off it as this is clearly what all his hard work meant. Now I am all for the SPA job creation scheme and Davy has done a wonderful job with something completely pointless but this is a simple matter of respect for a hard working former member.

You'll notice of course that as usual this doesn't suit the agenda so is being ignored.

Edited by knowledge 29-07-2019 06:50 PM
knowledge
General Member

by: knowledge, 29-07-2019 06:49 PM (#46)

davy2shots wrote:
Sting wrote:
knowledge wrote:

So who actually won? Doesn't tell you on the app either. Sakes!!

I know mate but isn't the app a wonderful thinghilarious
knowledge
General Member

by: knowledge, 29-07-2019 06:50 PM (#47)

For next year will it be the same as this year with the defending champions getting to host?
knowledge
General Member

by: FlyingScotsman, 29-07-2019 09:58 PM (#48)

The second Erlend Barlas SPA Regional took place yesterday at The Players Lounge Falkirk.

This time only 7 regions were in attendance but it was still one fantastic event.

Let me start with the Highlands and Islands team, they got the first bye and that meant the team they played already had the speed of the tables and practice before them, so they were against it from the very start.
They never won a game but pushed at least two matchs all the way and were even leading the eventual winners 4 zip.

Its always going to be hard for them but I can see from their play they are getting better and a lot must go down to having started their own Highland tour last year.

Like a few others they had pull outs which did not help.

Next up Lothian East, talk about pull outs then they had the most, with 4/5 of their top players calling off at the last minute but once again their team pulled together and had great chances to win a good few matchs but in the end they only won one which put them into 6th place.

5th place went to Fife again had call offs which lead to me being asked to play, wish i said no to be honest as i let the boys down badly,chance after easy chance i missed and we lost out on two matchs which would have put us in the top two and how different that makes.

The team we had to play in the quarters were Central who finished 4th, they to had call offs, very late and even though they had home advantage they could not really get going all day.

Strathclyde finish 3rd and that makes a huge difference as not only do they have to play a quarters finalist , they also then have to play a seeded team in the semi if they get through, for me they were the lucky team this year.

They top two were Tayside who even with all their top players only scraped through to that position but is that not what top teams, top players always do?

The best team by a mile in the group stages were Ayrshire West, undefeated and were playing great and fully deserved their position at the very top.

Quarters had Strathclyde playing Lothian East , again Lothian played well but class came through with each player as strong as the others in the Strathclyde team and it could all have been so different if Lothian never had those late call offs, in my opinon.

The other quarters was always going to be closer but Fife started really well and took an massive lead and at one stage they looked at going 9/1 up only for yours truely to makes a balls of it again and of course Central being Central under Santa came fighting back to be only 9/6 down at the break.

However Fife did hang on to win and go into the semi's again Ayrshire East who at this stage had been sitting out having a few drinks which I thought would help us a lot, it was a close game but the Ayrshire/Dumfries boys were always that little bit on top and fully deserve their win, if only i had once again not missed and easy finish,?

The other semi went all the way Strathclyde and Tayside shouting and sometimes losing the plot a bit but this was some semi and only a few missed chances by Strathclyde made the difference.

The final had some great play, some great bottle but also you could see the pressure each player was under and even though Ayrshire East played with all their hearts, coming back from 6 nil down was so hard to do but they tried their best.

In the end Tayside came good when needed, they were the Calcutta favs and they did not drink anywhere near what the Ayrshire players did and that for me was perhaps the difference in the end.

My thanks to The Players Lounge, to Steven Santa Allison who once again shows he supports SPA pool, its a lot to put up a grand in sponsorship for a one day event because even though players drink they dont drink that much to cover his out lay.

His tables were spot on as always although some had different speed but one thing he cannot control is bounce outs and I watched at least 4/5 on the day, I'm not saying this because of my connection with tables, it just happens far to much on these kind of tables and it can be heart breaking to see a win change because of this.

To David Duncan once again doing all the app work and if anyone wishes to see all the scores they are there on the app, Davy does a tremendous amount for the SPA and people should get off his back and thank him for what he and the Exec do for the benefit of the SPA and Scottish pool.

There will be changes next year, date venue contracts for regions and players alike, you can't be telling your team your coming and let them down the day or so before, if any player does that, then they will still have to pay their share of the entrance fee at least.

For now Tayside are the Erlend Barlas SPA Regional Champions for 2019 and fully deserve that great title.
FlyingScotsman

by: PremierEventStreaming, 11-08-2019 07:10 PM (#49)

Hi everyone.

Not been on in a while so thought I should reply.

The event is very fast paced. The first year we tried to do who was playing but the captain's dont pick teams until maybe 1 minute before they start. This is not easy to put that information on screen.

Add to that the teams were changed last minute by every team, I and Davy didn't know till we got there.

Something I'm working on for next year.

In regards to scores, they are on screen during breaks and can be viewed in app. This is something that although isn't what I need to do I don't mind posting them here if there is a demand for it.

I always take feedback and this this year tried to do multiple tables from angles which was hard but was better.

Thanks
Toshy

I stream things... sad
PremierEventStreaming
General Member

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< August 2019 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

22/07/2019
Money in brown envelope

28/06/2019
How do i become an SPA Member?

22/06/2019
Where can I find dates/venue's for seniors tour? Thanks.

12/04/2019
Render time: 0.15 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 84,892,503 unique visits