· Last Movie you wa... [390]
The Scottish Pool Association General Super 11s
Super 11s Third division
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

Super 11s Third division
by: FlyingScotsman, 1 week ago 03:42 PM (#1)

I cannot comment on lots that went on over the weekend, other than to say it was a very well run and good manured event.

What I can say however is that running an event of this size takes a lot out of the SPA staff, they are there well before the players and the last ones to leave as well, they have to look after over 300 players, all who have been drinking and its does take it out of you, that I do know.

Our staff has increased over the years and at this weekend event we had 9 in total running it, from our TD to her assistant, to our drugs officer, who also goes around selling cards to raise funds for our World Championship teams, to our man of many parts, our App man, our streaming guy, our official photographer and last but by no means least our two refs who work around the clock, all of them. Not to mention the people who do the tables and you can see its a real team effort that goes into making sure at least the event runs as best at it can and I want to thank them all for their hard work all the time.

I'm saying all this because I have decided that I can no longer help the top table as I used to do, on the one time on Saturday I did let the top table go away to have something to eat, I could feel my body stressing out, something I never would have thought I would ever say but time catches up with us all.

As I said the event itself was great once again, the third division come, play pool have a laugh but treat the whole weekend the right way, the way all the big boys should still do it but don't.

The final I can comment on as for tension it had everything, Glasgow took an early lead 2 zip only for Berwick to come fighting back to lead 3/2, it then went frame for frame and of course it came down to 5 all and the last frame had it all, two players and both as nervous as each other but the Berwick player had the game under control only for the Glasgow player to play a great safety shot and it looked as if it was going to be a re rack.

However the Berwick player went and potted his second last ball and made the combination in a some what lucky manner to also pot his last ball which was totally covered.

He then of course was left snookered but had an easy up and down hit to leave his ball over a bag but hit the wrong side and game was on for both now, a few snookers later, getting safety balls out from the cushions , it looked as if the Scottish Ladies champion would be taking the last frame it win for Glasgow but the Berwick boy had other ideas and a cross double twice, saw him pot the black and win the event for his team.

Congrats to Berwick on becoming the SPA Super 11s Third Division champions for 2019 and unlucky to Glasgow C who just failed at the last hurdle but both teams along with Coatbridge and Forres have all been promoted to the Second Division for next year.
FlyingScotsman

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< April 2019 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2019

10/04/2019
What venue is seniors event 3 in May being played?

11/03/2019
Done asap? Timescale for asap? The entry deadline was less than 24 hours ago!!!!!!!!

11/03/2019
If there is some going to Dalkeith for seniors on Sunday the draw should be done asap

21/02/2019
Cruickie, you'd be best speaking to our Promoter, Ross McInnes, about tour events in your area.

21/02/2019
Would the SPA consider a tour in Aberdeen in the future? Of some sort

08/01/2019
Would appreciate it if you could post 2014 Super 15 Stats 2nd division...cant seem to find them.

06/01/2019
Pm for David Duncan

03/01/2019
When is the draw for im1 being posted ?

28/12/2018
Cheers FCBash

Render time: 0.19 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 80,181,682 unique visits