· Last Movie you wa... [390]
The Scottish Pool Association Ľ General Ľ Super 15s
£5 player registration for playoffs
Username
Password
Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread

£5 player registration for playoffs
by: geegee1984, 03-10-2019 11:44 PM (#1)

Been asked by someone in my league to post on here and ask

Is getting players to pay £5 to play in the playoff this Sunday if not already paid £5 not a bit much? Surely the £5 should only be due if they qualify for the counties?

Personally I agree with them and think that itís quite poor to have guys have to pay £5 to play in the playoff and seems quite desperate
geegee1984
General Member

RE: £5 player registration for playoffs
by: Danny the geetar man, 04-10-2019 12:00 AM (#2)

I think it's due if you enter any SPA event mate. Although it's a qualifier, it's still an SPA event.

Danny Wilson

Superleague A Team Captain

Bannockburn Pool League Rep

Feel The Burn!!!

#nobannockburnnoparty
Danny the geetar man
General Member

by: knowledge, 04-10-2019 09:01 AM (#3)

geegee1984 wrote:

Is getting players to pay £5 to play in the playoff this Sunday if not already paid £5 not a bit much? Surely the £5 should only be due if they qualify for the counties?

Personally I agree with them and think that itís quite poor to have guys have to pay £5 to play in the playoff and seems quite desperate

I think going to this to have the chance to qualify for the counties to a day long event with a ref and a TD and have a day out with your mates and a bit of (free) competitive pool and try to get out of paying the fiver seems quite desperate.
knowledge
General Member

by: FCBash, 1 week ago 10:20 PM (#4)

geegee1984 wrote:

Garry,

When the membership affiliation was introduced, it was on the basis that players had to become members on or before the first time they strike a ball in the SPA. This applies to the superleague qualifiers also. Some players may only play in one event per year but will pay the same membership affiliation as members that access all tournaments they can within that calendar year.

How do Edinburgh carry out the collection of their own league membership fee? Do your members have to play in more than one event locally before they have to subscribe?

Cheers,
Michael

SPA IM Secretary
Arbroath & District Match Secretary
FCBash
General Member

by: Del E, 1 week ago 05:58 PM (#5)

FCBash wrote:
geegee1984 wrote:

Garry,

When the membership affiliation was introduced, it was on the basis that players had to become members on or before the first time they strike a ball in the SPA. This applies to the superleague qualifiers also. Some players may only play in one event per year but will pay the same membership affiliation as members that access all tournaments they can within that calendar year.

How do Edinburgh carry out the collection of their own league membership fee? Do your members have to play in more than one event locally before they have to subscribe?

Cheers,
Michael

Can I ask what this £5 is for? I thought the fee your league pays each year was your affiliation to the SPA.

Not been involved in SPA events for a while so maybe im wrong here or is it the case and the £5 is your own membership to the SPA?
Del E
General Member

by: geegee1984, 1 week ago 06:10 PM (#6)

FCBash wrote:
geegee1984 wrote:

Garry,

Cheers,
Michael

The players have to register to play in the league
They log in via our website and pay £5 by card
This allows us to click a button and process whoís paid

Itís actually a simple process and puts the SPA to shame
geegee1984
General Member

by: gandalph, 1 week ago 08:49 PM (#7)

geegee1984 wrote:
FCBash wrote:
geegee1984 wrote:

Garry,

Cheers,
Michael

So they have to register and pay the £5 before playing in any league event yet complain about having to pay the SPA membership prior to playing in an event
gandalph
General Member

by: geegee1984, 1 week ago 09:02 PM (#8)

Our leagues not sitting with over 30k in the bank
Guys are giving up all day to try and get the one qualifying space at each venue

£5 is a bit desperate and imo should only be applicable if you qualify to Pettycur
geegee1984
General Member

by: PremierEventStreaming, 1 week ago 01:06 PM (#9)

geegee1984 wrote:
Guys are giving up all day to try and get the one qualifying space at each venue

£5 is a bit desperate and imo should only be applicable if you qualify to Pettycur

30k in the bank. That's some claim? Where did you see that bud.

I stream things... sad
PremierEventStreaming
General Member

by: jimmyboco, 1 week ago 01:40 PM (#10)

PremierEventStreaming wrote:
geegee1984 wrote:

Probably the bit in this thread that shows almost £30k in the bank

http://www.scottishpool.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=5995&highlight=Accounts&rowstart=0

Former captain of the first E team to qualify for the Super 11s - Edinburgh E - 2016
jimmyboco
General Member

by: PremierEventStreaming, 1 week ago 06:23 PM (#11)

jimmyboco wrote:
geegee1984 wrote:

http://www.scottishpool.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=5995&highlight=Accounts&rowstart=0

Are you quoting a figure from accounts posted 2 years ago?

I stream things... sad
PremierEventStreaming
General Member

by: geegee1984, 1 week ago 06:33 PM (#12)

jimmyboco wrote:
geegee1984 wrote:

Probably more now then
geegee1984
General Member

by: PremierEventStreaming, 1 week ago 08:00 PM (#13)

geegee1984 wrote:
jimmyboco wrote:
geegee1984 wrote:

Probably more now then

Even on that post it doesn't say £30k.

One way or another, if they do or don't I just don't like false facts. That's why I was asking.

I stream things... sad
PremierEventStreaming
General Member

by: geegee1984, 1 week ago 11:08 PM (#14)

On the 9th of September 2018 the account had 31k in it going by minutes posted
geegee1984
General Member

by: FCBash, 1 week ago 12:35 AM (#15)

Del E wrote:
FCBash wrote:
geegee1984 wrote:

Garry,

Cheers,
Michael

Can I ask what this £5 is for? I thought the fee your league pays each year was your affiliation to the SPA.

Not been involved in SPA events for a while so maybe im wrong here or is it the case and the £5 is your own membership to the SPA?

Hi Del,

Yes, you can ask. At the moment, there is no project/section etc for these funds to go towards. It has been asked for nominations/suggestions from the Members on what this money should be used for. The only clear direction is that these funds do not get used to subsidise any international team/event.

There is a proposal to help assist funding towards streaming of the main SPA events and the Promoter is currently tasked with getting competitive quotes for this.

The £5 membership affiliation is for every individual that plays in an SPA tournament. With the exception of those that play solely on the Unders or LD's tours. This becomes due on or before the first event a player competes in at SPA level. Leagues are also affiliated through the SPA at the cost of £5 per year also.

Regards,
Michael

SPA IM Secretary
FCBash
General Member

by: FCBash, 1 week ago 12:41 AM (#16)

geegee1984 wrote:

So it's very similar as the SPA, in that, if you don;t pay your £5, you cannot play in the league? Yes?

The collection of one area's members is slightly different to comparing the collection of 40-50 areas. The way the monies are collected at the present time is quite time consuming as it is, without having to decipher every player's payment individually. However, if someone can assist the SPA on this front, I'm sure we'd welcome them with open arms.

It's perhaps a simple process when you know most, perhaps all, of the players that are registering and not having to ensure they are registered to the correct area etc. Anyway, we could go round in circles on this matter.

I'm just glad that, an area that was quite vocal, especially on this webiste, about the introduction of the £5 membership, they adopted the same, or at least very similar, membership fee at local level. clap

Regards,
Michael

SPA IM Secretary
FCBash
General Member

by: FCBash, 1 week ago 12:49 AM (#17)

geegee1984 wrote:

The accounts published are only a snapshot of the monies held in the SPA accounts at that moment in time. They don't account for expenditure (superleague accommodation etc) or prize monies not paid out.

The SPA is currently running at a very small profit (less than £700 this year).

Regarding the £5, that is your opinion, which you are fully entitled to. We disagree on that front, which is, again, completely fine.

Regards,
Michael

SPA IM Secretary
FCBash
General Member

by: PremierEventStreaming, 1 week ago 10:51 AM (#18)

geegee1984 wrote:

Hi bud, where does it sat on 9th September 2018? I cant seem to find minutes from this date.

I stream things... sad
PremierEventStreaming
General Member

by: beearraydee, 1 week ago 04:57 PM (#19)

FCBash wrote:
Del E wrote:
FCBash wrote:
geegee1984 wrote:

Garry,

Cheers,
Michael

Hi Del,

Yes, you can ask. At the moment, there is no project/section etc for these funds to go towards. It has been asked for nominations/suggestions from the Members on what this money should be used for. The only clear direction is that these funds do not get used to subsidise any international team/event.

There is a proposal to help assist funding towards streaming of the main SPA events and the Promoter is currently tasked with getting competitive quotes for this.

The £5 membership affiliation is for every individual that plays in an SPA tournament. With the exception of those that play solely on the Unders or LD's tours. This becomes due on or before the first event a player competes in at SPA level. Leagues are also affiliated through the SPA at the cost of £5 per year also.

Regards,
Michael

There a few key differences I can't help but point out here:

-Edinburgh Pool Association is much more transparent about what the £5 fee is for, and how it will be used.
-Edinburgh Pool Association is much more transparent overall about how we spend our money.
-Players do not need to qualify before they play in any EPA team event- their £5 guarantees them entry into every team competition that we have.

Edited by beearraydee 1 week ago 04:58 PM
beearraydee
General Member

by: geegee1984, 1 week ago 05:24 PM (#20)

geegee1984 wrote:

Hi bud, where does it sat on 9th September 2018? I cant seem to find minutes from this date.

http://www.scottishpool.com/downloads/Minutes/026%202018%20September%20Minutes.pdf

Simple search in meetings finds it
geegee1984
General Member

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< October 2019 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31      
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

17/10/2019
11AM 8th December

14/10/2019
Could anyone tell me when IM 2020 entries are due?

12/04/2019
Render time: 0.39 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 86,514,954 unique visits