S15 D1
by: secretary, 1 week ago 01:38 PM (#1)

Winners East Fife A
Runners Up Glasgow B

Attached Images:

secretary
General Member

RE: S15 D1
by: billyspr1nt, 1 week ago 12:29 AM (#2)

Is a write up being done for division 1?

ITS ONLY A GAME!!!!

EOF A Team Captain
Super 15s Division 1 Champions 2019!!!
billyspr1nt
General Member

by: topfish, 1 week ago 11:39 AM (#3)

See above for write up

Bob The Builder - Quality Cool
topfish

by: FlyingScotsman, 1 week ago 12:32 PM (#4)

Well the last one has been and gone and I have to say this years events have been fantastic, all four of them.

The first division has so many players/teams that have been in the premier or second division and have seen it all before but it remains very special for all these players firstly, to get through the groups and then trying their very best to get to the final and get promoted, the prize funds are not even asked about as all the winners get is enough to pay for a night out, its all about getting to the final and showing who was the best over the weekend.

10 A teams in this division along with 6 B teams but it was 2 B teams who qualified for the knockout stages with Falkirk B finishing second in group 2 and Glasgow B winning group 1, they were joined by Perth who won group 2 and Paisley runners up in group 1.

The knockout stages produced some magic moments in one match I watched from 7/4 up Monklands had chances to put away Cumbernauld, when I say chances I mean dollies, finishes that these guys would take away in their sleep but one by one the Monkland boys just kept missing, one of the Cumbernauld players when sent to table two, thought they were beat and just went for anything and got the win to turn around to see two frames still going on?
Iím not going to name any player because unless your in their shoes, playing for your mates, your league then you will never know the pressure they are under, this is their internationals, their chance to be the hero and the nerves can get the better of any player, this is the Supers, this is what its all about and people can say it should only be about the very best from each league but for me these divisions are the best thing to happen to the SPA.

Kirkcaldy A 4 v 8 Cowdenbeath A

Central Ayrshire B 8 v 3 East Kilbride B

Monklands A 7 v 8 Cumbernauld A

East Fife A 8 v 6 Arbroath A

The draw for the quarters came out as

Glasgow B V Cumbernauld A

East Fife A V Falkirk B

Paisley A V Cowdenbeath A

Central Ayrshire B V Perth A

Glasgow were far to strong against Cumbernauld, East Fife beat Falkirk in a great match, I was surprised to see Perth beat Central Ayr with ease and Paisleys players were just to good for Cowdenbeath.

I donít know what it is about some of the Fife teams, I know how good their players are but each year I see Kirkcaldy Leavenmouth Cowdenbeath and Dunfermline just not firing anywhere near what their talent should give them? [see no mention of East Fife here]

Semi finals and the worst place to get beat as both the winners get promoted both the winners get to come in to their own music, get their medals etc, yes its hard to get beat in the final but for me getting beat in the semis is far worst.

The draw paired two old foes Glasgow v Paisley, now these lads know each other so well but this time it was a no contest and Glasgow just pulled away with win after win, the other match was better but East Fife were just to strong and one player lead them to victory as his players for what ever reason know that he was bringing that win back and that player was Kevin McLeod.

The final in my opinion was always going to be close as these were two very strong teams and I could not pick between them [well I did but I picked the losers] at 3 all Glasgow were in the winning position to go in front but the player came out a snooker and cut his last ball into the middle pocket at an angle it would have been hard if he could have seen it totally, well that left him in a strong position, even though he had only the black as his opponents balls were up the table, so the Fife player won that frame and at the same time they won on another table to go two in front and there was no catching them after that.

The presentation said it all, the Glasgow manager big Charlie, just said the Fife boys were just to good on the day and all of Glasgow players were clapping the winners as they got their winners medals and that ladies and gentlemen is what Supers are all about, you win as a team and lose as a team.

Congrats to East Fife SPA Super 15s First Division Champions 2019, they and Glasgow B will be well in the Premier division next year.

Ho and sorry I have to mention Lewis McHoul.
FlyingScotsman

Options
Jump to Forum:
Forum powered by fusionBoard
Share this Thread
URL:
BBcode:
HTML:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Events
<< December 2019 >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31          
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

18/11/2019
Scott - Some people been busy running Nations Cup in Cyprus

17/11/2019
Secretary - sent you a PM last week can you please reply?

22/10/2019
2020 planner available

21/10/2019
Thanks davie

21/10/2019
IM question, Is the next IM top 16 or 64.. When do names and monies to be in for?

18/10/2019
Can we have the details for the IMís then please with only 7 weeks to collect

18/10/2019
All payments to SPA MUST be done by bank transfer - no money taken on the day.

17/10/2019
11AM 8th December

12/04/2019
Render time: 0.22 seconds Original theme by Nick Jones Modyfied into Gillette_Blue by Harly 88,090,095 unique visits