Thread subject: The Scottish Pool Association :: Mick McGoldrick IM One.

Posted by FlyingScotsman on 02/03/2020 14:49
#1

The first Individual Membership final will be played this coming weekend at The Players Lounge Falkirk.

Lets see how the players like the new format.

Mr Craig Anderson will be doing the streaming coverage both days and as we all know his set up is fantastic.

Please can any of the qualifiers not able to attend, inform us on here asap, that way we can hopefully get in touch with your opponent and tell him or her to come at the next tie time.

Steven is once again getting Scott in to recover all his tables? Why I don't know.

I want to also thank the following four companies for sponsoring all the IM finals along with all our National finals, this means that all [if not clashing] our National Singles, Doubles, Mixed Doubles and the Willie McCartney/ Malky Cowan finals will have full streaming coverage by Scottish Cuesports live Streaming for both days.

Fibretec
GTC Poker
The Plough hotel
Blackball Tables.

Edited by FlyingScotsman on 02/03/2020 20:43

Posted by Caufield83 on 02/03/2020 15:39
#2

Is the draw today ?

Hopefully the new format is a success 👍

Posted by FlyingScotsman on 02/03/2020 16:02
#3

Michael does all the draws, so I cant confirm if it will be posted today or tomorrow.

Posted by beearraydee on 02/03/2020 18:02
#4

FlyingScotsman wrote:


Please can any of the qualifiers not able to attend, inform us on here asap, that way we can hopefully get in touch with your opponent and tell him or her to come at the next tie time.



Please can any of the SPA staff not able to do the draw imminently, please inform us on here ASAP. The tournament is only 5 days away and we all have families, jobs and other stuff going on in our lives apart from pool.

Posted by FCBash on 02/03/2020 18:26
#5

beearraydee wrote:Please can any of the SPA staff not able to do the draw imminently, please inform us on here ASAP. The tournament is only 5 days away and we all have families, jobs and other stuff going on in our lives apart from pool.


Do you realise the deadline was midnight past?
Do you realise it takes a bit of time to record all of the qualifiers for the seeded draw?
Do you realise the draws are typically posted around 6/7/8pm the day after the deadline has passed?


we all have families, jobs and other stuff going on in our lives apart from pool.


Donít we all. Donít we all. At least you realise something.

Posted by FlyingScotsman on 02/03/2020 20:48
#6

beearraydee wrote:
FlyingScotsman wrote:


Please can any of the qualifiers not able to attend, inform us on here asap, that way we can hopefully get in touch with your opponent and tell him or her to come at the next tie time.



Please can any of the SPA staff not able to do the draw imminently, please inform us on here ASAP. The tournament is only 5 days away and we all have families, jobs and other stuff going on in our lives apart from pool.



The SPA informs the reps that IM one , names have to be in the Sunday before , where as all others IM are nearly two weeks before the draw.

To ask, in the way you have done, when Michael only got the remaining names last night, is wrong, he got them, he has to put all the seeded players into the right places and the draw is posted asap, in fact less than one day after the qualifiers have came in.

He has a family, he has a job and he does this better than anyone else for you me and all our players.

Posted by DAWG on 02/03/2020 22:52
#7

That kinda shut beardy boy up. Great work as usual Bash

Posted by junior1 on 03/03/2020 10:28
#8

Awesome work as always Michael

Posted by beearraydee on 04/03/2020 15:30
#9

I only meant to point out that some players won't know if they're unavailable or not until the draw is done and that will delay the posting of availability for some.

A poorly made point I'll concede, so apologies for that.. as always appreciate the work that goes into these.

Posted by FlyingScotsman on 06/03/2020 12:16
#10

beearraydee wrote:
I only meant to point out that some players won't know if they're unavailable or not until the draw is done and that will delay the posting of availability for some.

A poorly made point I'll concede, so apologies for that.. as always appreciate the work that goes into these.


That ok mate, at least you were good enough to come on and say this, credit to you.